Craigs New Datsun Sunny

although i agree with kurt being my favourite N14 because i like it better than my own :lol: but "fuck R's" :nono:

hmm my guess on power is going to be 195whp but i really hope im wrong and its higher

although i agree with kurt being my favourite N14 because i like it better than my own :lol: but "fuck R's" :nono:

hmm my guess on power is going to be 195whp but i really hope im wrong and its higher

cheers babezzzzz

whats peoples' opinions on the rev limit and cam switching levels?....

you uprating the springs and retainers craig? thats gonna be the decider about the rev limit, all kind of nasty valve float etc
dont think you will be making much more up top anyway with n1 cams above 8k

id love to have a vtec stylie switching happening on mine! would give a better kick around the 4.5-5k mark
most of my driving is done between 2-4k, but then i have a 1.6, so obviously more torque for you down low

Steve

thats what those cam gears are for darling, he will fiddle with those to match the flow of gasses in and out, that lovely 4-1 header will work better higher up. most bolt on SR20VE's with N1 cams usually make peak around 7200rpm ish but thats with SSAC/fuji/ASP budget, yours might make the power higher up with the high comp pistons etc. he will sort the cam switch points out for you when he tunes it. dastek adjusted mine when the power started tailing off around 4500rpm, im sure jez will do the same

schweeeeet

i am sooo desperate for august 31st to come fast, neeed mapping. onthe other hand i am dreading the 31st too, my bf goes to malia and i know he's probably gonna cheat on mee :no: :lol2:

just goin out now for anhours drive to break the whore in a bit

after 70 miles of run in, compression test just showed...

cylinder 1 - 255psi
cylinder 2 - 255psi
cylinder 3 - 245psi
cylinder 4 - 245psi

spark plugs are tan/white in colour which i'm reliably informed may mean it's a bit lean. up my fuel pressure reg or fit the bigger ve injectors?....

after 70 miles of run in, compression test just showed...

cylinder 1 - 255psi
cylinder 2 - 255psi
cylinder 3 - 245psi
cylinder 4 - 245psi

spark plugs are tan/white in colour which i'm reliably informed may mean it's a bit lean. up my fuel pressure reg or fit the bigger ve injectors?....

i thought tan was perfect...

i think alan said a rule of thumb is your compression is 20x your CR. so you are approx 12.75:1 ratio?

Has Jez said he will change the cam timing? He looked at me like an Ape and scratched his head when he seen my JWT gears. "He best leave them alone, as he's never seen them before, and only knows the slider type" were his words. NICE ONE!

Standard S+R only go to 7200 in a Primera...so don't go balls deep with the rev limit. 8 will be fine, so will more..but miss a gear or constantly bounce the limiter your going to break something at 8500-9000rpm. Mine are switching at 55-5700...should of messed with them on the dyno but that'll do for now.

Good stuff craig well done m8. Like kurt said i wouldnt go too mad with standard S+R's, 8000 should be fine i would think. Would it be advisable to fit a crank girdle if you're revving to 8500-9000? or is the added strength not worth loosing a few hp over?

N1 cams have a better ramp rate than 20VE cams which means less stress on the valve springs which allows for a higher rev limit, it will be fine revving it to 8000rpm - 8500rpm if needed, but yeh as kurt said, no miss shifts please :lol:

well nearly 300miles done, and this morning was time for the first oil and filter change so did that, then set up the tps, fixed a driveshaft issue i had and then checked my plugs and compression again.

plugs are dry, tan but slightly sooty too, but fuellinng's obviously off til mapping day so not fussed.

also, my biggest fear was my HG or a ring popping in the first few hundred miles due to ham fisted installation, but compression test reveals all seems well

cylinder 1 - 260psi
cylinder 2 - 270psi (!!!! :gunsmilie: bitches love my high comp)
cylinder 3 - 260psi
cylinder 4 - 260psi

then i gave it a quick wsh and wiped the bay over, it'll get properly done soon ish. just wanna drive and map it atm though....

P8210058crop.jpg

P8210061crop.jpg

P8210064.jpg

Back
Top Bottom