Craigs New Datsun Sunny

black smoke means to much fuel get that fucker wound up and driven :P if youve got black smoke on an N/A you must have some right fuel going in..

just hopin there's no blue smoke in there too, gonna go on a slightly more extended drive to see how it is now....

also, would it be worth back my fpr off a touch to compensate? it's only at 3.5bar like but still...

Hmm, should have gone with the 2mm gasket fool!
Still gonna have to be conservative on the ign. timing now kidda :(
Unless you get some tolulene :P

Craig where are you getting the xylene from? I fear i may need some aswell seeing as i just realised my pistons are 12.5:1 VE, so i'm gunna be near 13:1 in the DE :eek:

wooaahhh, jesus mate lol although if truth be known i might be close to that with the over zealous head skimming

search xylene on ebay mate, 25l drums ;)

Craig where are you getting the xylene from? I fear i may need some aswell seeing as i just realised my pistons are 12.5:1 VE, so i'm gunna be near 13:1 in the DE :eek:

why are you if there 12.5:1 in a VE then they will be 11:1 in a DE or am i missing somthing.. DE's have a larger volume valve bowl..

I'm confused now lol, the pistons i have are CP 12.5:1 VE pistons right, so that means if i put them in a DE the CR will be higher yeah? as the stroke of the DE is longer than the VE, assuming they are for 16ve and not 20ve which i dont know.

no CP 12:1 pistons are for the 20VE if you put them in a DE youll be about 11:1 maybe even lower as the DE head has a larger valve bowl..

Ah rite, so with them being 12.5:1 i should be between 11:1 and 12:1 depending on how much has been taken off my head previously. Either way it should be good on 99ron then

if i had known you had 12.5:1 CP's and wanted high compression pistons for a DE 2 days ago i could have given you some 16VE pistons and cash for your CP's!!

then we would both have what we need!! arghhhh... im still up for the deal though..

they may be closer to 10.5:1 as the 16VE ones are 13.2:1 in a 2.0 VE but in a 2.0DE are only 11:1 so if your pistons are 12.5:1 in a VE take away .7 for putting them in a DE..

I'm trying to work out the CR but i dont know what units cp measure in lol, they've given the intake valve relief as -0.12 and exhaust as -0.105, now are they cc or not? And the dome height they've given as 0.135 again with no units.

they will be 12.5:1 regardless of bore.. you might get like a 0.1 increase but you've only gone up a a single mm.. if you want really high comp then your 16ve ones are great.. the CP's would be awsome for some lairy cams and N2O though!!

Back
Top Bottom