Craigs New Datsun Sunny

so i visited jez today for mapping on the now becoming infamous surrey rolling road :lol: and at first i was mildly disheartened but thinking logically and as rowdy commented in stigs thread this dyno definitely seems to read low. with that in mind then i'm quite impressed with the base run netting 195bhp! Then after some good time spent adjusting the fucked up fuelling and retarded timing it ended up like this...

PA220100.jpg

Thats 207fly, or 173whp. It made 210fly but started to det a bit so I think there's a few more horses to be had with a bit more of my special octane booster :tongue: and some cam gear fiddling. And a smoother curve without that ghey plateau if i can fix my mss to work both solenoids and switch the intake cam earlier than the 6400 where they switch now. Also, its revving to 8.5k now and holding power all the way, it's over 200bhp by like 7200 and holds it.

all in all not a bad day, pretty sure it'll pull some epic figures on a different dyno. and more importantly it feels fucking savage!!! :zoidberg: m25 traffic was not what i wanted on the way home.

The guy who runs surrey rollin road said it was the most powerful vvl he'd seen on there from jez or ed at fusion and i think jez was surprised by the noise after the cams switch compared to stigs on monday lol.

Finally got there bitchezzz, and it's fucking awesome :santa:

i knew it would hold power right up there, seems bills header is gravy for the higher revver, deffo need rid of the vtec and get VVL back mind you, the power would be more consistent, well done craigy and after our little chat its all gravy baby. did you get a video by the way? cant wait to hear the fucker on sunday

That's ace. What's your Torque? all this talk of power over the last few days, has got my spidey senses tingling again. NO!

Is this with Xylene?

That's ace. What's your Torque? all this talk of power over the last few days, has got my spidey senses tingling again. NO!

Is this with Xylene?

torque a bit ghey at 150lb, yeh with a low mix like 7% of xylene, i might go to 10 or 12 and see if much more ignition can be added but jez said there's nearly 30degrees in the top so far. dont a lot of US builds go to mid 30s in the top end?

Great result. Full list of mods for the lazy amonst us?

de block
cp 12.5:1 pistons
acl bearings all round
arp rod bolts
16ve head
n1 cams
ve oil pump
g-spec underdrive pulleys
hks mushroom filter
powerland 4-1 header
3" decat
3" mandrel catback
cosworth 1.5mm head gasket
h-dev tuned ecu

can't remember any more, probably is some...time for a dynojet reading for comparison out of curiosity though :tt2:

raise the rev limit ... you know you want to ;)

power and torque seem to be steady and climbing at the end of the graph

Steve

raise the rev limit ... you know you want to ;)

power and torque seem to be steady and climbing at the end of the graph

Steve

it's actually at 8.5k now mate, the power was level not rising at that point. i dunno why the printout cut the axis down to 8k cos the screen i was drooling over had it to 9k with power levelling and stopping at 8.5k:)

it's actually at 8.5k now mate, the power was level not rising at that point. i dunno why the printout cut the axis down to 8k cos the screen i was drooling over had it to 9k with power levelling and stopping at 8.5k:)

ah! ok, i was a little confused ... thats damn good, bet it screams!

Steve

Looking at those stats and with N1 cams makes me feel better the N15 got 180BHP mate, well done,

yeh exactly mate. thing is whether it's this dyno readin low or others reading high; yours, steves, rowdys and mine are consistently lower than maybe expected looking at other builds similae. so what. As much of a sex god as wezz is i can't see any way his car could be 30hp more than yours or steves. I'm sure if you stripped yours and went racing you'd be somewhere near his 14seconds maybe, where it matters more.

Hi mate,

Good to see this all going well.. just wondering, I thought this would be getting more like 220-230 for the mods..?..

Seems low, for the build?..?.. with low torque too?

Mega props though dude?>:)

Back
Top Bottom