Craigs New Datsun Sunny

You taking the head off to find the noise? X x lol

OrsonLikes.gif

You taking the head off to find the noise? X x lol

lulz, it's already been off mate before brekky. couldn't find it so it went back on

ROFL! Quality! On a less piss-taking note when are those wheels getting the Midas touch?

soon soon

once i find the original of this god awful knocking

it doesn't happen when the cars on axle stands and running in 4th even lol, i can't feel anything by spinning the wheels by hand, but the minute i go down the road it's knocking real bad - feel it with my feet thru the shell n everything. Don't like to be above 10mph it's that noisy.

i changed the springs on my front coilys but can't see how that'd do it?....

did you check the spider and lsd pot didnt have any play?

hold the pot and try to twist the shaft? what about the brakes? theyve been sitting about for a while so maybe check those aswell?

did you check the spider and lsd pot didnt have any play?

hold the pot and try to twist the shaft? what about the brakes? theyve been sitting about for a while so maybe check those aswell?

hmm, the spider seemed snug inside there but i'll check properly tomorrow

i wondered about the brakes myself but you wouldn't think having any weight or load on the car would affect that would you, and it doesn't seem to make a noise when on the stands like i say

shafts seemed to click in ok, box is full of oil, confused and about to torch the fookin thing :lol:

What about the coilovers themselfs, bit rusty like. Maybe the springs arent seated or preloaded correctly?

nah the coilovers are in goodnick, and not leaking or owt either, springs seemed to seat perfectly, and i can't imagine any amount of preload makin them knock like this.

could the soft springs be too soft for the damper valving of the coilovers which was obviously set up for harder springs originally?

this may sound daft but ive seen it done. are the wheel nuts tight?:lol:

hahah, i've done it myself before now so i checked that, seem fine.

maybe the wheels themselves are fucked.

trying to describe it clearly, it's almost so bad that it's bumpy, i can feel it all through the floor

done hub nuts tight too that was my other thought :lol:

Try changing your wheels back on the front and test again. Could it be where they've been bored out to fit?

wondered that myself but my rotas are oversize bores. i always do them up equally by hand to avoid wobbles and been fine.

can't see these being that wrong, i'll try old wheels though.

what would a fucked inner cv on drivers side be like?

Could be the CV. That'd make sense that it happens under weight/load. Where did the shafts come from? Were they removed for a reason?

well the drivers side shaft is the one thats always been in my old box, the lsd passenger shaft came from martyn who sold me the box. Only thing with that i can see is if the spiderhas play in the pot. brand new cv on the pass lsd shaft.

how about i haven't bored the wheel centres out quite enough so they're not totally on the hubs? :/

i noticed one or 2 nuts tightened up but not in the most convincing feeling way....

loool if thats why i'm blaming the fact i'm fookin ill and got sent home from work early as to not spotting it :p

Back
Top Bottom