Craigs New Datsun Sunny

Seen them ones, wondering if Craig took pictures of the merge collector internals or other angles n shiz. Is it a true stepped header on the primaries or its just a weld mark eyes cant tell :lol:

how did you bore the centre bores?

of the centrebores? by hand :P but only lightly.

They barely needed anything off them too fit, there was like a small lip with was 57mm the remainder of the bore in the wheel was 59/60. I took them out to that. I always do em up by hand anyway so they're centred and i've had no wobbles or anything. Its not the perfect way of doing it but worst case thye'd need boring out more and spigots using.

Having said that my slipstreams before never had spigots but i hand tightened them off the ground and never had an issue

oh i see, yeh at first i think it was not quite big enough so may be binding a tad while tightening it. But its all sorted now.

having said that one of the wheel studs looks a bit ropey so extended studs and spacers should sort it when the new rims go on

Seen them ones, wondering if Craig took pictures of the merge collector internals or other angles n shiz. Is it a true stepped header on the primaries or its just a weld mark eyes cant tell :lol:

if you look not all the primaries are stepped, so no its not a true stepped header.
david

you need another ride in the sunny, sonny

lsd box is AWESOME, and i swear its loosened up loads with a few k miles on it. it's a fucking animal now, proper handful. Only thing left is proper vvl so you don't drop out of it on changes up and it'll be finished. well maybe springs and 9k too, and port matched and ported IM for a few free horses

yeh defo, with proper vvl and 9k, and im fiddled with it'll need another map tweak really.

luckily jez left the bottom end a bit lumpy (ooh errrrr) so he said he'd look at it free again...hopefully he'll sort the minor tweaks too.

having looked at my graph since it was out of sync with revs too and wasn't revving above 7800 it seems. that 207 was at 7800-8k with it slowly rising still. So even on lowball surrey RR it should have a few more in it.

then i'll go on a dynojet too :lol:

please come to the dyno meet craig

Steve

i'd like to but not sure i can commit to running, cos car might not be done with the above things all finished and mapped safely, or if the gay stone wall at 8k is gone which i've not tried out yet

but if i can't make that day i'll defo be goin to HLM after to compare with everyone elses

That'll be the gearbox i built for martyn then,yes it will loosen up with some miles on it.Were actually coming up with a few other idea's for a stronger box for these car's.

Back
Top Bottom