Craigs New Datsun Sunny

they will actually look great on the N14 mate!! congrats on having the nuts to step away from the norm :yes:

cheers mate, yeh a few people i'd mentioned the idea to weren't sure but i had a feeling the shape and the silver against black of the wheels would kinda work with the white against black trim of the car.

gonna maybe fit some 10mm spacers too, make em a bit stancey :P

edit: another angle

021.jpg

Whats spec on these alloys, offeset n rim width they be 15's?

Think would look good with daylight pictures and well glossed tyre's though :sorcerer:

15x7 et28 or 20, i'll check. think these are 28.

gotta remember the n14 doesn't have anything like the ghey n15 sucked in tyre tuck so low low offset isn't needed as much to fill out nicely

hahaha

great minds, i've just been lookin at that and wondering about cuttin n shuttin it onto my runners!! hmmmmm, not sure

cheers tho dude

Welllll, what should have been a few days off road for a simple gearbox swap and couple of other bits turned into a month after some driveshaft issues for the LSD action, but finally it's 99% done. Just got to investigate a knocking from the wheels/brakes/shaft later.

But here's whats been done while i've been getting vvl withdrawal symptoms:

- open diff n15 gearbox/shafts removed
- FTO brake set up removed with old hubs etc
- Front end fully poly bushed: arb, wishbones, drop links, steering rack etc.
- D2 coilover removed and fully stripped down, threads cleaned and repaired and reassembled fully greased with some brand new softer meisterR springs.
- Shiny, rebuilt sr18 LSD gearbox fitted, without shafts lol, few weeks later correct shaft finally tracked down and fitted
- My ATS cups all bored out 2mm and fitted along with new hubs and stock GTiR brakes to fit under them.

Once i have this knocking sorted later it should feel like a new car tbh, can't wait. All of above done with mahoosiv thanks to Martyn - vss irvine, who's basically provided most of the parts for the car now :lol: and all with no hassles and loadsa help etc.

Martyn also dropped off some nice soft semi slicks and some tyre softener when he came past the other day :D drag time lulz

Anyway, some dirty dirty pics of the car after getting dusty and dirty in a barn for a month, but with the new rims on. Its wayyy too low atm, but the low offset of the ats is awesome .....

P1200077.jpg

P1200078.jpg

P1200080.jpg

looks cool mate, the rubber needs to be thicker or something, its just not looking right to me, maybe its just the height thing...

I think it looks bang on! Maybe raise the front a bit, so the gap isn't as much between the bottom of the arch and the tyre. But I've started to really like this car! And N14 just isn't my thing!

Back
Top Bottom