Craigs New Datsun Sunny

lol, in january i was considering a custom intake mani, and some kelford 184-c cams.

Now, THEY are huge. Like 300+ duration iirc, and 12mm lift. But from the limited experience people have with them they're only useful on stroked 2.2+ motors with 9k+ rev limits and custom Intake etc, so i won't be buying them til 24ve time :lol:

He'll be at the dyno meet, just not running it..

doubtful thanks to work

went on the private road and tried to get a vid, it ain't very good lol.

before ammar pipes up i didn't floor it in first til about 5k so shush his de warrior crap up :lol: and something pulled on to the private road (rabbit maybe :P ) while i was in 3rd so it's not flat out, but you get the idea - was more seeing what people thought to the ratios of my box. Its an lsd box but rebuilt with stock GTi longer ratios - i can't help feeling shorter vzr ratios would be bit quicker. Even though it still gets through them pretty fast. If you imagine 8.5k in 2nd on mine is 70odd, 8k in 3rd is 100 before the speed limiter kicks in......

[video=youtube;VVI5k9CrV5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVI5k9CrV5o[/video]

haha, i'll do one with the speedo soon to show how quick it is, but i just can't help feelin when i change up it drops way down the revs.

Its still got power and speed there but i dunno if var ratios would make it epic or not really make much odds cos of the extra time spent changing into 4th earlier etc

buy the look and sound of it the gear ratios are right, it doesn't sound to be dropping out of the power, if you sort out the cam switching to get a bit more mid range it will be perfect..................... still needs a turbo.

buy the look and sound of it the gear ratios are right, it doesn't sound to be dropping out of the power, if you sort out the cam switching to get a bit more mid range it will be perfect..................... still needs a turbo.

yeh i've been comin to the same conclusion watching the vid again this afternoon.

with vvl switchin properly at say 5 and then 6k, along with new header and intake mani which should give a few horses and torques the mid will be better and it should be spot on. Also, with springs fitted and safe 9k revving i'll drop slightly less down the power anyway.

seeing as the 2.4s off for a year or 2 :( she's gettin treated some shiny bits that'll work well with a big bore if i go that way anyway so we shall see

whats this last word you use? turd? or something? turbo? me no understand

Turbo is what he said...turbo!

It's one of those things that you use when you're done playing about and want to go really fast!

Just kidding mate, I love the car, you know that!

Now hurry up and get this thing revving like it should be!

yeh it does eh babez, i remember when i took you out thinkin, god this feels lacklustre lol

all better now though, moarrrr to come

that they do im a raging cam shifting homo!! but i do get pangs that i should have put forged low comps in mine with a T28..

O GOD! maybe im secretly straight!!

Back
Top Bottom