Craigs New Datsun Sunny

I would say that on the 190psi cylinder you have broken/cracked a ring, if the gaps were not set properley or wide enough to start with it will happen, knock could do it but again it would have to be severe and the ring gap was not wide enough, Was the ring gaps checked and set when the engine was built?

lol i know you're not sketchy man, neithers joe's mate i was messing.

it's prolly all a pipe dream going big bore i'll probably settle for 87mm

yeh i checked all ring gaps with feelers, or so i thought. somethings gone a miss though obviously.

i'd be interested enlisting your services for the machining this time tbh, and double checking ring gaps n stuff for me. i'll pm you mate

Take it its not for sale then.....

Just kidding mate, sickened to hear this. This by far one of my favorite builds, if not my my favorite build :(

Take it its not for sale then.....

Just kidding mate, sickened to hear this. This by far one of my favorite builds, if not my my favorite build :(

cheers mate, and if you wanna buy it then you're more than welcome :P

sorry to hear this craig mate, but i think you've got the right attitude about it! can't wait to see what comes next :shades:

cheers dude, no point crying over it. just move on and up hopefully

5f4upk.jpg

I wouldn`t worry about it too much. 300+psi?....that`s alot of compression!

lol true, i couldn't believe when it flew round to there. madness

the only problems i can see are 1, if the rings broken/cracked it's only gonna get worse and proper mess something up at some point,

and 2, i presume the uneven pressure across the cylinders like that can cause uneven/excessive wear on some of the rod bearings maybe?!

other than that i wouldn't be too worried as it does still feel good. But it seems silly to get the vvl switching, new header, final mapping or intake ported etc when the engines not 100%

i think the plan is to just keep driving it, go to HLM and maybe the 1/4 and see how it is atm, and in meantime build up my spare block with some tastier bits. I was on the verge of starting a 2.4 build anyway, i'll maybe just go halfway for a start

Back
Top Bottom