craiGTi's ph2 GTi

yeh it is nice lawn, thanks :P and no there hasn't been any dogs or anythin pissin on it - corbs was made to stay well away when he came round

tommo - yeh did the crank oil seal myself the day after i noticed the leak, ball ache takin the pulleys off again, but easy enough job :cool:

well it finally stopped rainin for long enough today to get the brakes fitted...

P7030093.jpg

first impressions are, well.... awesome! :D barely touched em yet obviously to avoid glazing pads etc, but even with a minor touch of the pedal they're a million times better. Either my GTi brakes were in need of serious rebuild, or GTi braked are pretty crap full stop!

Only slight thing was all the smoke coming off one of them when i stopped after first run, but i'm pretty sure that's all the grease and brake fluid burning off from where i tried to bleed them with the banjo bolt slightly loose at first! :O DOH! :lol:

Don't like the red stuff pad peeking through but hey ho - all in all i'd recommend to anyone. Considerin the whole lot cost me £240 for everything - caliper rufurb kits, discs, pads calipers etc - if you're considerin overhauling your standard brakes, don't - do this! :D

Also, delivery form america today! :D Thermal spacers, for £90 ish shipped it seems like a pretty comprehensive and decent kit...

P7030092.jpg

You and you car have come good mate, it brings a smile to my face anyway.
Things are progressing well.

I love the way you can see you lying down taking the pic of the brakes in the reflection hahaha.
On a different note the brakes look good, and the thermal spacers are a good investment mate!
Joe

You and you car have come good mate, it brings a smile to my face anyway.
Things are progressing well.

yeh cheers bud, took a while after all the BS but seems like i'm gettin somewhere now - lovin it! :D

I love the way you can see you lying down taking the pic of the brakes in the reflection hahaha.
On a different note the brakes look good, and the thermal spacers are a good investment mate!
Joe

hahaha, i must admit i did have a little chuckle to myself lyin on the drive takin that! :P

Also, big thanks to Alan - firstly for the write up he did on it, and secondly for sending me a set of the spacers he got made up, and mega fast too. Much appreciated mate. :cool:

man.............. i love everything your doing right now, the new to you stoppers are pukka. not too OTT, please RR this bad boy soon.
dd

cheers boys - RR will be soon-ish mate ;) hopefully on a nice cold day too :lol:

what i have noticed last night n this morning since fittin the brakes though, is that clicking, rattling noise i was on about that i was sure was a cv joint has now stopped! I've tried to make it do it again, but it hasn't so *touches wood* maybe it was the infamous rattling calipers and pads that some people have :D Saves a job and some money anyway

cock! :P

yes my front wings are rusting and my rear arches are bubbling - all will be sorted in next couple of months - so shut it you rusty 5-door merchant :rasp:

yeah nice ay craig :D

i was gonna put them up as soon as you left but thought id wait :D

check ot that white GA, OEM look mint ;)
DSC00640.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

certainly does need a wash :P , especially after that nutter in that white 5 door was drifting round that roundabout in front of me, kicked up all kinds of shit! :lol: :P

cheers mate, much appreciated - see ya again soon for more car park ALC-age!

Back
Top Bottom