Curtis' GTI

The higher comp of standard internals makes a very very good low boost turbo motor... like Simmo's.
The Low and Midrange is very very good on a stock internals DE.
Low Comp'ing is a waste of time/money of you're only gonna run low boost IMO.. as you only get good gains if you run big boost...
Joe

You know Stu's plans are to run big boost yeah? This low boost setting he's on is to help bed the clutch in, for potting around town/cruising, and to help traction off the line. He'll have a high boost map via the boost controller. That was always the intention but it either melted or crashed before he got the chance :lol:. 350bhp from stu, no problem ;). Still the low comp high boost vs. stock comp will be an interesting race then going by what you're saying there :)

Nah he hasnt pussy footed around lol. First he melted the pistons after 2 weeks. Second time he crashed it after 2 weeks. He just never got the chance. This time he's saved up to get it all mapped together, properly ;)

I hope you lot (curtis & stufa) like 4th and 5th gear. It's all you'll be able to use. I remember Jo calling my +T a faggit version for running stock boost. 5000 miles later my +T is still running. I'm all for big power but on a daily drive or even a fast road car, it's really overkill. The only faggits(sic) around here will be you two as you're unable to put your foot down going round a corner. 2p.

Getting a bit of an army going now with all these SR20DE+T's in the club.

Good Stuff.

Tomorrow (as long as the weather is good) I should be doing:

Oil and oil filter change
Flush out rad and refill

That should be the running in of the engine done...

Respray rocker cover
General clean up of the engine bay as its a mess

Then turn up the booooost :)

and more pics hopefully!

Some updated pics of the outside...locks smoothed as well as the wiper etc..

Image0026.jpg

Image0027.jpg

Image0029.jpg

Image0030.jpg

Image0032.jpg

Image0033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom