Disappointing

NaylorGTI said:
I'd like to know where and how it costs £15 to go to a RWYB, its normally £20+ just to race, then you have to pay to get in, then your petrol and some food, then its £100. Not that Im bothered about that but hey if your preaching here you need to atleast preach something thats reasonably true.

And why even get on your high horse in the first place, ' I dont race but oh wait yes I do. But I know how cars work so its ok'.

The Smeatharp one i went to this Sunday 7th, and is on again on the 4th November costs £20 to run, as thats as many times as you like all day, you just keep going around and getting back in the queue... hope this helps :)

oxideGTi said:
The Smeatharp one i went to this Sunday 7th, and is on again on the 4th November costs £20 to run, as thats as many times as you like all day, you just keep going around and getting back in the queue... hope this helps :)

I'd like to point out the first line you'd just quoted, I'll put it in bold to help you out

NaylorGTI said:
I'd like to know where and how it costs £15 to go to a RWYB, its normally £20+

besides I think it would cost most people quite a lot to get to smeatharps/end of the world.

It was mearly information, not a digg fella...
I was actually highlighting your point aswell... ive never come heard of a RWYB for less than £20 either.

it was £15 last time i went to santapod for 3 runs and was £15 last time i went to a RWYB at shakies all you can fit in. There are other days other than just jap ones you can attend compaired to a track day its dirt cheap or a fine getting caught speeding racing cars on the street..

i think you'll find i said i had 1 race when i was younger and i said i was stupid.. not its okay i know how a car works!!

if you dont like what i say then you can do as you have done and replied but from what your saying (and as an AOC moderator ill add). is its okay to come on this fourm spouting about who and what youve raced "ilegaly on the streets" promotting street racing ect which if im honest brings the club level down to that of a crap cruise site instead of what it should be a well respected owners club run by people who promote the sensible use of there much loved vehicles.. rather than say come on lads its not corsa sport here lets keep it sensible if you think you can beat whatever then thats fine but dont bring the fourm down to that level.. go on skyline owners fourm ect well set up respected fourms and see how long such a post would last....

alright i didnt factor into running at the strip fuel to ge there sorry for that.. i was mearly pointing out how much it has cost me to run in the past.. the bit about me driving like a tool is up there to show yes i can make mistakes but im trying to learn from them i could have left that out and actted whiter than white but im not like that..

I'm not saying lets have a free for all, but a run against another on a dual carriage way etc, well who am I to judge, Im no traffic officer so theres nothing I could do any way.
these people who spout the shit saying theyve done 150 in second or beat the latest supercar are just fools to be ignored, and those that get beat off shit cars are in the same boat really.

Costs me and the missus £20 to enter and me another £20 to race at shakies. The pod was a similar amount, Elvington cost around £50.

It's not just the entry fee though, like Naylor said. Shakey's is 130 miles away from me, so fuel, food etc all make a dint in my wallet. I probably spent over £60 the other week, and im 'lucky' to live about 2.5 hours away....just something that I couldn't do more than a few times a year.

GTi kurt said:
It's not just the entry fee though, like Naylor said. Shakey's is 130 miles away from me, so fuel, food etc all make a dint in my wallet. I probably spent over £60 the other week, and im 'lucky' to live about 2.5 hours away....just something that I couldn't do more than a few times a year.

Gonna make another dint at the end of the month ;)

TheSam said:
Gonna make another dint at the end of the month ;)

Good luck, But i aint gonna be heading down there until the RWYB season starts again next year...Got afew little things to do over the winter.

You may not be lined up against a Fiesta ST or a 1.6 Corolla at the strip anyway, so you'd never find out if it was quicker than "theirs'". ;) TBH I think this place is "relatively" free of muppetry, there is the odd "I beat a..." thread which usually ends in a flamewar, but not THAT many. There's probably more on Subaru sites than on here. FWIW I think "racing" on a road is baaaad, but "comparing", not so bad. If the chance is there and it's relatively safe, give it some boot. ;)

It hasn't been as bad lately but there was a time when it was a regular thing to see threads about what cars people had raced. Not as bad as some forums who have a 'kill stories' section.

There was a memorial service today for two local boys who were killed by some idiots racing a motorbike. The three in the car that was racing were killed and the 4 year old and 7 year old in the other car were killed too. The mum and cousin of the lads survived with serious injuries.
They probably thought it was 'safe' to race.

Brings the reality of the possible consequence home when something like that happens.

Drive safe :)

please don't think that i go tearing about the place racing everybody off the lights because that just isn't true. i agree with everybodys points be they critical or not. i don't condone racing but like a couple of others have said, a quick blast up a dual carriageway, can't really see the harm as long as you don't speed and you don't go overboard. the 2 incidents in question i found myself with a car behind me so close i couldn't see their headlights in my mirror. i chose to put my foot down to try and get a safe distance between us but i couldn't which is why i asked if anybody else had found these cars to be easily as quick as a gti. i know i lowered myself to their level but thats just the way it happened on the night.

(waits for the flak :( )

oxideGTi said:

Wondered if you were in the club when I saw the car up there. Will come say hello on the 4th if you're up again. I'll be in either the N16 of doom or an excessively loud granada.

Back
Top Bottom