Hallys Trop Green GTi

IMG_20110320_154825.jpg

IMG_20110320_154840.jpg

Caught the bottom edge with the can while spraying the inner bits so it will need re-doing, but OK from a distance :)

Question, opinions, photoshops welcome.

VZ-R rears or Lucinos?

I know the orange goes well with the green, but i've got a set of Lucino's on the way and am tempted.....

11ae37cd.jpg

I like as they are, but lucinos look awesome too. I've seen a few now where I thought the VZRs are perfect but then lucinos get fitted and it looks even better. If they're already on the way then try them? But if you plan on doing amber corners/side repeaters then VZRs should stay imo :). Likewise if lucinos go on then it would be nice to be clear all round too. Green does suit the amber well though. Complimentary colour and all that.

Cheers, VZ-R's staying then I reckon.

Well, another update.

Went to Spykes this weekend to meet up with Dale and fit a few things to my car. I'll let the (few) pics I have do the talking.

Its hotel for the weekend.

IMG_20110408_195748-1.jpg

oooh, what are these?

IMG_20110409_184436-1.jpg

Daddy cams

IMG_20110410_111836-1.jpg

Bosh.

IMG_20110410_172045-1.jpg

Will get some better pics of the engine bay, not that there is much to see apart from the no aircon and highport rocker cover!

So, things that were done this weekend;

SR16VE pistons
Balanced rods
ARP rod bolts
Slightly worked head
BC Valve Springs
BC Titanium retainers
BC exhaust valves
JWT C2 cams
Greddy rocker arm stoppers
Thermoblock spacer (only head to mani as they sent me the wrong TB one)
Nismo FPR (3.5 bar)
Reconditioned injectors
Highport rocker Cover
Samco rad hoses
Removed air con
New belts
New fuel filter
new oil filter
new thermostat
poly front and rear engine mounts (rear was torn when we took it out anyway)

Massive thanks go to Dale who worked like a machine to get it all sorted. Had a few little issues but all have been sorted and drove nearly 100 miles home with no issues at all!

Also cheers to Spyke for the use of his garage and tea/food, Tommo for being a slut, "Pulsar" Dave for random highport bits, and Shaggy, Raceworx, Craig and Ben for tyte parts.

I'm absolutely knackered after this weekend, glad I have the day off today!

feelsgoodman

Not going over 4k at the moment, letting the rings and everything bed in, but it feels strong!

Hopefully will have it mapped soon enough and can start to enjoy it :)

Back
Top Bottom