Kelv's new car!

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date Start date
Haha they're the biggest selling point! dont worry im not setting them on fire or anything!

oh, by the way, love the new car mate, was thinking about getting one ages ago for exactly the same reason but keeping the mera in a garage. Surley if u win the butter thing u could keep the car, or get another one?

I could but I'm not holding out much hope for the butter thing, would be nice to win but i felt weird about planning things around a competition, big headed or something!

If i do win it'll be a nice surprise, and i'll use it on the NX, as the list of things for her is growing bigger, GTi brakes, custom s/s exhaust, new interior etc!

Also kind of holding on to the dream of sometime in the future putting a 20VE in the NX and kicking hondas head in haha

K33 ELV said:
Also kind of holding on to the dream of sometime in the future putting a 20VE in the NX and kicking hondas head in haha

ha ha ha that made me piss :D wud be a proper little street sleeper then

Here's acouple of photos of afew little bits i've done to the car, nothing major yet! just thought i'd post before the long wait as the big bits get saved up for and done!

update1.jpg
Most important mod, the private plates swapped from the GTi!

update2.jpg

AOC Stickers fitted! had to hack them up and re-arrange the letters though or people would say 'why has that dick got almera owners club stickers on his NX? twat.' They can still say that of course, but i think they look cool, and i am still here! Decided just to have AOC and the hamburger as it was more subtle.

update3.jpg
Took me around a day to do this, but I took the centre console apart and sprayed all the components seperatley, then masked off the dash from the rest of the car (took ages) and sprayed it black (flexible vinyl paint), the finish was really good but it seems everytime it gets knocked or stuff gets put on it the paint gets scratched off, I've recently found that the early carbed NX's had black interiors though so i'm going to look at one in a scrapyard tommorrow andmaybe come out with black dash/doorcards/rear bench/centre console/parcel shelf, and everything will look alot more modern!

update4.jpg

First 'proper' mod, the front strut brace, from ebay.com for a b13 sentra, cost me £36. Active Tuning in the US are in the process of making up some discrete rear struts for the b13 so should have one of those soon!

But that's it so far, The car's booked in for work on one rear arch to get rid of the rust, and also to spray the rear bumper as its scuffed badly, on the 17th of october, and the 2.25" s/s exhaust (everything but the manifold) with a 3" tip is booked in for the 24th of oct, in between i'll be trying to restore little bits and pieces while i decide if i want to tune the 1.6 (spending £1000's on getting about 130bhp) or spending <£300 on an SR20 conversion (and getting 143bhp). For some reason though i like the soun do fthe tuned 1.6, I dont know why!

Other things done include undersealing the full car (surprisingly rust free! apparently the most common cause of NX death is rusty top suspension mounts on the rear causin the srings to pop through :eek: so glad that's ok!)

And i also sold the white alloys to Pea GTi and got these silver ones, white seemed a bit over the top on a tiny black coupe

Your doing a good job there mate.

Prefer the alloys silver rather than the white, looks as if they should have came standard.

Needs a new steering wheel though to go with your new black dash :D

argh! on advice from the NXOC I went out to check my rear suspension mounts (the biggest cause of NX death) and found the metal to be really spongey around the to of the n/s spring, I even put my finger through a bit of it its so rotten, anyway sooner or later this will lead to the death of the NX as the towers burst and the spinrgs come through into the car.

Rustkilling.jpg

this is the bit thats dead: you can see the mounting holes for the suspension, thats the bit thats rusted and rotten, so I'm on the lookout for some new ones, theres some Nissan ones on the NXOC for sale for £150 each :eek: but needs must i guess! dont really want to sell it as i enjoy having such a rare car, and with a bit of money spent on rescuing this bit, she should be ok for a while, just hoping i can get the bits before the rust gets the springs.

And, this weekend im getting loads of bits delivered and built including a BMC CDA, reconned head, new discs/GTi calipers/goodridge lines/the manifold+exhaust built on tuesday, after these the modding needs to stop while the restoration goes on though.

K33 ELV said:
And, this weekend im getting loads of bits delivered and built including a BMC CDA, reconned head, new discs/GTi calipers/goodridge lines/the manifold+exhaust built on tuesday, after these the modding needs to stop while the restoration goes on though.

Sounds good, be sure to post some pics when your done!!

:( sorry to hear about that mate, is there a design problem that leads to the rust or is it just that its left as bare metal at the factory or something like that?

good to hear your getting it sorted though, know how much you worry about the rust so hopefully once thats done you wont have anymore :)

I'm not sure why it does it to be honest, when i undersealed the car it already had factory underseal still on, perhaps they left those bits out though, most nissans rust though dont they because of the salt on our roads, and the lack of it in Japan. It's making me worried to drive it properly incase the springs come through but the rest of the cars slowly getting there and to be honest i quite enjoy this restoring malarky. bought an anti roll bar off someone off ebay for a fiver and it was totally rusty, but it was quite theraputic to sand it down, prime it, hammerite it, and underseal it before putting it on, like no one will know its there but me, but it makes me feel all warm inside!

Hopefully the labour wont be too bad to get it done! and after it's done, we can get back to modding it:D I'll put up a progress report when it's done, regardless of if anyone cares :D

Nice motor you got there, dont see many of these on the roads. Good luck sorting the rust out and restoring the car etc

Lol I know you do mate, and thanks Dale! Don't mind spending so much money on repairing it because it means I will have a pretty rare car as so many seem to be dying. I've got all the panels now im just trying to find someone who will do it, most people are refusing to take on such a big job.

Since the last pics i've done acouple more mods so I will need to get some more pictures up but ideally I'm waiting till the new year as hopefully the welding will be done!

New mods done:
Anthracite powder coated front strut brace
BMC CDA + CAI fitted
custom built, mandrel bent 2.25" stainless steel catback+ Decat with 3" tip (waiting till January for the manifold+ downpipe to be built by the same people+heatwrapped)
Front number plate moved down to bodykit
weird '100nx' sticker removed from back and replaced with subtle s/steel one

'Mods' waiting to be fitted
Sunny GTi rear anti roll bar
new rear suspension turrets/inner wheel arches
reconned head (also needs port/polishing/skimmed + Kent Cams putting in)
new Almera GTi front Discs+calipers+EBC Redstuff pads and 5.1 fluid, plus refurbed rear drums + new shoes and goodridge stainless steel (coated in black pvc) braided brake lines
'Nismo' shortshifter + Nismo JDM resin gear knob (pic)

How much have you been spending!? Have you secretly won the lottery? Lol is good to see someone spending time and money to keep an older car going, get the bad bits sorted and look after it and no doubt it will look after you.

look forward to seeing the pictures as this progresses, very interesting project, great having a project to keep you busy in the winter and then you can enjoy it in the summer :)

sprint said:
How much have you been spending!? Have you secretly won the lottery?

No, he`s spending the proceeds from the GTi. :P

Good to see my money being put into a good restoration project. :D

On a side note, Kelv: I saw a red K plate nx up a drive in Clacton, with what looked like a for sale notice in the rear window.

If you`re interested, & have room to store it, it could be a good donor car.

Let me know & I`ll go & have a proper look @ it for you. :)

PM sent Fred (well, yesterday, but you knew that)

Yeah the moneys off the selling of the GTi mainly, the nx was only £900 so had a bit spare off the GTi to spend, just put some pics together of the new few mods ive done for those that expressed interest (i.e. corbs!) opinions welcome!

frontnew.jpg

rearnew.jpg

bmccc.jpg

I've also photoshopped tinting the rear lights red below, and smoothing off the bumpstrips - trying to make it look slightly newer! again opinions welcome!

beforeafter-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom