Kelv's new car!

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date Start date
like the look of the exhaust, not in your face at all and suits the look of the car.

red rear lights tidy the rear end up alot, not so sure on the bump strips just for practicality though, mine hasnt got any and it does seem to attract dents in car parks but it does look alot better without them

very tidy mate, looks like the metalic blue gtis formerly of teeside park... are no more,

i prefer the liscence plate in the original place though, but looks very clean

I reckon it looks great with the plate moved! Would be better without the front plate at all but what can ya do. Looks better without the ungainly housing sticking out the front, and the exhaust and the filter look great :)

I have to agree I prefer the original placing of the numberplate. It just looks a bit strange down there! Loving the car though.

lookin really tidy, the pump strips removed looks sweet, shows off the shape a bit better, standard gti alloys look better and finally.....car would look good lowered but i suppose the suspension is not somethin you want to here about right now, driving along go round a corner rapid and the suspension comes into the cabin and sits on your mates knee!!!!!!!!!!

Haha you're right Shaun we dont talk about suspension around here! the cars in Washington at the moment getting the new turrets welded in, some rust repaired on one arch and the bolt holes for the numberplate smoothing off, so hopefully when she comes back we'll be ready to talk suspension! (-35mm drop on uprated springs and shocks is on the cards though). Every one i spoke to in Hartlepool said they didnt want to take on such a good job but Tracey (almeragirl69) gave me this number for a bloke in washington (the same one that did all the work on Almeraintoon's car), went up to see him with some panels and he pointed out that they were the wrong shape (they'r eoff a sunny so have a flange that needs cutting off) which re-assured me, his garage also has a section on a local car forum for people to ask about prices etc and he said he'd post some progress pics on there to show others he was capable of it, so if he does i'll stick them in here.

The bumpstrips arent like almera ones they're in a recessed section of the bodywork, when i go to pick the car up i'll ask him about welding a plate over the recess all the way down and smoothing it all off, see how easy it is to get flush. (dont want it filling with bodge as its a prime place to get battered by doors). If i get it done i'll stick some Micra bumpstrips on, they're nice and subtle and will help protect the car, just think it looks a lot newer without those big meaty strips down the side!

So yeah, will post some more pics in the new year, till then fingers crossed for the welding!

Just got the car back yesterday after being in the welders for 9 days having the turrets replaced, They took afew progress pics during the operation and I thought i'd post them (below). She's now free from the horrible inherint problems every nx ends up being scrapped because of, it cost me £720 for the bits from nissan and the labour, so adding that onto the £900 i paid for the car i've still got a 58k mile, rust free 13 year old coupe for £1620!

Picture of the car with the right side rear turret + arch lining removed:
nissan1.jpg

below: pictures of the suspension and top mount removed, can see to the left, some splatters of underseal where id previously had to weld a patch over some rust in the arch lining and underseal it, this is now a brand new panel so no risk of MOT failure:D
nissan4.jpg

nissan7.jpg

below: new turret panel welded in place, and awful random shot of the back of my car in bits :eek: the trauma
nissan9.jpg

nissan11.jpg

And finally the finished panels all in place! he also sprayed a thin layer of waxoyl over the underneath of everything, which was ncie, though i like a good 5cm thick layer so i'll get under and do that next time its not raining, and i need to hammerite the inside.
nissan13.jpg

Both sides got done and it's something that people have said will happen to mera's in afew years so id advise everyone to underseal, its so hidden on nx's as its right up where the spring mounts, anyway - the company was called J&S Autos and did a perfect job, they also smoothed the front off where the number plate used to mount, and fixed the rust on my rear arches. Would recommend him to anyone in the northeast (garage is based in washington) although he did say in afew phone calls during the week 'your cars fell to fuckin bits, i never want to see it again' :lol: was th efirst time he'd attempted an nx!

But yeah, thats finnally done! next pics will probably come when i get some real mods done in the new year now the restoration bits are almost done...

Looking good Kelv :D

BTW had a thought there - is there anyway to change the rear lights instead of tinting them red can you not change the amber part of the lens to clear giving the "crystal effect"?

Or would that just look pure shite? Would be better to photoshop it and see for yourself

aww! the poor kelv mobile looks all sad with her back bumper of during the transplant :lol:

lookin good though, this is gonna be a good motor when you are finished :cool:

nice and fresh now then, any talk of this happening to n14 sunnys? had a quick nosey and mine seems fine and its a K plate!

Saw this work in person @ Nissan this afternoon, (got drenched looking @ it though) :rolleyes: & is a spot-on job! :thumb:

Also, the front looks very angry without the number plate!

Quick clean and afew new mods

Thought i'd better update this with some recent mods, i've left them to build up for a while so i can post them all in one go, mostly because i'm lazy, and also to spare your attention spans! well the waits over!

First tiny mod is some stickers courtesy of Damo_SRi, not quite a 2 litre turbo in a micra but in this house every mod gets a mention (1.6 badge is because of the unknowness of the NX some people assume its a 2 litre, and when i have to say its not i can see them picturing my cock as slightly smaller than it was when it had an sr20)

(it's like a babies arm holding an apple btw)

smallupdatewindow0107.jpg

smallupdatewindow20106.jpg

I've also been feverishly collecting brake parts for a front upgrade/rear recon, turned out to be probably the most expensive brake upgrade in the world, and from now on i'll be referring to the parts as GTiR spec (despite the fact GTi's have the same setup) to help said virtual cock-size. But yes, The upgrade:

Brakes Int reconned GTiR calipers (hammerited) (£194)
GTiR carriers (powder coated) (£20)
Brand new GTiR discs (£60)
EBC yellowstuff pads (£50)
Stainless braided/black PVC coated Goodridge lines (£50)
Brand new rear drums (hammerited) (£45)
Brand new Mintex rear shoes (£15)
5.1 fluid (£10)
- Feeling of knowing you can now brake like a 220bhp 4x4 turbo: fucking expensive.

Old:
smallupdatecarriersold0107.jpg

New carriers:
smallupdatecarriers0107.jpg

smallupdatenewbrakes0107.jpg

smallupdatebrakes0107.jpg

Finally, yesterday i got the manifold built (took ten hours :eek: ) but yeah, 421 custom built 2.25" stainless steel manifold, which compliments the same spec cat-back i had built last year, so the respiration systems done. The performance is so much better now in terms of low end accelaration, only thing i lost was the cool popping and burbling from the catback only system, but bhp>noise (pics also show the powder coated rocker cover)

smallupdateenginebay0107.jpg

smallupdateenginebayclose0107.jpg

smallupdateenginebaycloser0107.jpg

That's about it! next on the list is a flywheel, and new tyres all round, i might need to wait till I retire to be able to afford anything new though!

on that bombshell, here's acouple of random shots...The part of me that misses the GTi is getting smaller (not that part, shit, i've finished with a bad innuendo).

smallupdate0107.jpg

smallupdatefront0107.jpg

ey kelv, thats not bad at all considering the last time I seen it wen ya were up sunderland.. tbh Ive gota say im not a huge fan of the 100nx but I do like this 1..

(probs because its half 'mera) haha...

Back
Top Bottom