Kitty the Red GTi

well thats that done! full day at it yesterday,

fitted 63mm scooby studs, 20mm spacers, vented grooved and drilled front discs, dimpled and grooved rear discs and ebc red stuff pads all round, fitted my goodridge braided hoses on the rear along with newish calipers off my old blue gti.

ive got goodridge front braided hoses to fit but the fittings on the front of the car were rusted to fook and wouldnt budge after leaving them overnight to soak in wd40 and going at them with wire brush and vice grips, so new pipes in a week or two then to fit the braided ones.

bled the system with dot 4 for the mean time, dot 5.1 when i get the front hoses done.

took her a run up the street, slapped the brakes on......holy moly doughnuts! she stops dead and and they pads haddnt even bedded in!

got wrapped up about 8pm, washed her, stuck 20 quid in and went for a blip.

on the way out i could hear a metal on metal noise.... the dust/heat shield round the disc was rubbing against it.... but thought to myself.... meh, itll be ok, itll wear down and go away.... it wore down allright.... the bloody disc that is, (120 miles later) there is now a ring round the middle of the inside platter ffs. not bad but you can feel it if you run your nail along it. lesson learnt!

overall conclusion....

with the widened wheel base, albeit 40mm, she seems to stick to the road better, havnt pushed it too hard in the twistys yet but time will tell. (our nurburgring is closed at the moment) :(

the brakes are razor sharp, if it were a bike youd be over the handle bars, you need to feather them now compared to the way they were before.

worth every penny and hour of work spent!

sorry for the long winded post!

got them from mtec on ebay, will give you a link later

pics of stanc3 are to come, cameras in the car and i cant be assed gettin up, have to go to the 'duff to get a cb aeriel soon so pics will follow later :D

cheers tommo, i really am a lazy bar steward... been out in the car a few times today and still havnt bothered liftin the camera out lol.

you still running the nismo fpr?

ok some new updates from the work done at the weekend.... so here we go

ST4NC3

dsc03533c.jpg

dsc03532v.jpg

dsc03531l.jpg

dsc03530s.jpg

dsc03524k.jpg

dsc03523k.jpg

dsc03519z.jpg

dsc03518l.jpg

dsc03515n.jpg

dsc03514t.jpg

dsc03513w.jpg

got the koyorad fitted yesterday and redone the coolant. not much of a change in temp but i couldnt get the rad fan to come on.... it does work btw, had it working when i view the car before buying it. so that show the rad working! drops to below half when driving along :D

hello mate did you have to do anything to the g60 rims to get them on or do they bolt strait on
i would love t get a set of these banded and painted matt black
would be good with the metallic burgundy!!!

cheers andy

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :D

your stealing my idea lol

had to get the centre bore made bigger by 2mm

almera bore is 59, vw bore is 57 if i remember correctly

EDIT -

got the g60's bored out. took them to my dads mate who has his own engineering place

got them done in a CNC machine

image010diz.jpg

image011tbm.jpg

image012j.jpg

image013wvy.jpg

cheers thought that would be the place
your safe for now as i'm just about to get some standard gti alloys
but still toying with the idea as they'ed look soooo good
i don't know the paint code of my car but it's burgundy and metallic but have not seen another mera in this color
thanks andy

Back
Top Bottom