Miriam and Stevo (B1 and B2 gone)

What rocks: I drove it and it's nice. Fitted some nice things and reassembled the interior with donor parts from the GTi (No more rips or tears).

What sucks: Scratched my door up badly whilst filing out the lock (GTi locks are HUGE). May have to ghetto-spray the area up as the scratches are pretty deep.

Some pics from today:
N1 rocker cover fitted (I has no VVL but it looks pretty)
Pic000-2.jpg

GTi doorlock fitted
Pic002-2.jpg

Front end being rebuilt
Pic003-2.jpg

The remains of B3 - soon to go to the scrappy
Pic009-1.jpg

Oddly it still hasn't sunk in. The cynicism of previous engine swaps has affected me! I still can't believe we did it in such a short space of time, from driving the GTi home on friday to firing up the SRi on sunday.
MOT is on weds so I haven't driven it properly yet. Get a fair bit of popping from the exhaust which is nice.

Awesome mate! Shes finally got the heart she deserves! Well done on the time scale bud...these swaps really are a peice of piss!

On Ross's comment about the ign barrel...all you actually need to change over are the ECU, the NATs immobilser box & swap the chips in the keys. But thats not relevant now as its all in and good!

Im liking the matt black engine bay...Engine may need to come out of mine soon :lol:

And 4 5DR GTi's...

1. Shaggy
2. Ross
3. Liam
4. Corbs
5. ??

Back
Top Bottom