My Almera 1.4 - total overhaul

It does look cold! Looking forward to when the grille is finished and you can get some nice pics :)
Still rocking the wheel trims? Should ditch them and run gloss black steelies :)

It does look cold! Looking forward to when the grille is finished and you can get some nice pics :)
Still rocking the wheel trims? Should ditch them and run gloss black steelies :)

It would look ghetto! but that would mean cleaning the steelies lol

Too bad winter is coming, nothing I can work on atm :(

WCMUT:

p1010243py.jpg

:eek::D

you had the throats opened up mark ? and skimmed by how much ?

frank

Just skimmed by 1mm frank. Will calculate the chambers cc's soon, so I can have an idea how the compression will change.
I'm affraid I can't use the micra valves since the shop said they aren't made to take exhaust temperatures.

Just skimmed by 1mm frank. Will calculate the chambers cc's soon, so I can have an idea how the compression will change.
I'm affraid I can't use the micra valves since the shop said they aren't made to take exhaust temperatures.

its about 3.5 to 4 cc for each 1mm iirc mark, and the inlet valves would still be capable imo ( you try and run a file over the inlet or exhaust valves, they,re both megga hard material) :)

frank

Dunno, need to search a lot, I got told they are made to withstand 1500F, high pressure too and are coated with different material.

volume of the combustion chamber in the head is actually 34cc. obviously thats not taking into account the headgasket thickness or the dish of the piston but atleast you know the size of standard and you can now compare this 34cc to your now skimmed head mark.

whats the 9.5?

volume of the combustion chamber in the head is actually 34cc. obviously thats not taking into account the headgasket thickness or the dish of the piston but atleast you know the size of standard and you can now compare this 34cc to your now skimmed head mark.

whats the 9.5?

you need to know the total area tho eh paul :)
and is,nt your stock C/R 9.5:1 ?
so its the sweeped area = 400cc (1 cyl) + the unsweeped area 47cc
thats 447cc, compressed 9.5 times (ie, made 9.5 times smaller) = 47cc.
and if the 1mm skim has reduced the unsweeped area to 43.5cc = 10:1 C/R :)

frank

stock c.p for a ga16de is 9.8:1.

surely the easiest way to work it out is compare the stock 34cc plus the volume of headgasket/piston dish to the new reduced volume of marks plus the volume of headgasket/dish.

easiest way to measure mark is a syringe and water :D

you need to know the total area tho eh paul :)
and is,nt your stock C/R 9.5:1 ?
so its the sweeped area = 400cc (1 cyl) + the unsweeped area 47cc
thats 447cc, compressed 9.5 times (ie, made 9.5 times smaller) = 47cc.
and if the 1mm skim has reduced the unsweeped area to 43.5cc = 10:1 C/R :)

frank

GA16 is 9.8:1

Back
Top Bottom