p1000828.jpg

Friday gonna try to crank it up :cool:

Ok here I go again :P
Sorry for the crap pics...only new photos I actually have right now

9624_1136541776005_1301173572_30418977_4992285_n.jpg

9624_1136542456022_1301173572_30418982_1312753_n.jpg

9624_1136542496023_1301173572_30418983_1761992_n.jpg

9624_1136542616026_1301173572_30418986_3402599_n.jpg

So just the rear bumper left which will be done this week, the front bumper is w/o clear lacquer to compare how it changed the color, done the ph2 gti lights mod, indicators left and custom vzr grille...

...I also poured out the oil an no mayo..was kinda shocked, so I checked the coolant and released the bottom rad valve and it was as supposed to be..., so guess the brown crap could be rust from the iron engine block I had catching rust in the garage for a couple of weeks (at least I hope so), need to do some serious miles on it to test it out.

Well guess thats about it...will post up some pics when the exterior will be completed.

Cheers

Ah right, not bad for practice though!

Regarding headgaskets, I know of a chap (Frank on the MSC) who has succesfully reused a HG on a CG block about 3-4 times. He uses gasket sealant and sprays the HG with laquer on both sides before tightening it down.

Ah right, not bad for practice though!

Regarding headgaskets, I know of a chap (Frank on the MSC) who has succesfully reused a HG on a CG block about 3-4 times. He uses gasket sealant and sprays the HG with laquer on both sides before tightening it down.

cheers for that info mate...I will give my mera a test ride around so I can be 100% sure I am actually getting water in my oil system...then I'll re-tighten the cyl head if needed,...hard to tell really cause the coolant fluid is pink as should be only the fluid near the rad cap was brown...think it could be rust from the engine block....and the oil is fine....no milky stuff anymore if any now...

Think the best thing to do would be a long run so the engine can warm up properly and see if it will show up again. Just hope everything will turn out good cause I put too much work into this engine and it would be a big waste.

Ok I drained the oil into jars :P and I really don't see anything there...just normal oil I reckon, correct me if I'm wrong ;)

p1000888v.jpg

p1000889d.jpg

oh and as I promised THE new look of my pov spec mera GX....

wait for it.....

wait a little more....

here ya go!..

p1000893c.jpg

p1000895z.jpg

Damn it looks so hot! Just the indicators, tow eye cover and grille and I'm pimpin' y0! :D

cheers guys...

joe bout the oil...think it might be cause of a possible head gasket problem I mentioned earlier? It's new and I dint't drive the car yet...just some test runs and all...

What oil is it mate?
Looks like very cheap mineral oil?
Did you torque down the head properly?
Cheers,
Joe

Well...it's Esso Ultra semi synthetic 10W40...not the cheapest lol

Bout the head...it was torqued down as supposed so I really don't believe I messed up there even if I'm not 100% sure :P

Just that when I start the engine for a while I get a really small amount of milky stuff on the dipstick....but when I drained the sump there was none, I never heated up the engine to the normal operating temperature so it might just be some water that got inside the engine...the coolant look alright also, I found brown like fluid on the top but i think it was rust cause it had small rust like particles there...so I am not positive that it could be a HG problem :confused:

Finally I had the time to test out my car...and luckily all is fine and dandy....no oil in the coolant system, no milky stuff...no overheating. Engine idle is at beautifull 600RPM...wont die out :P, the exhaust gasses are warm and dont stink of overfueling, drove about 5 miles today and no signs of any failure ...still some rough start tho but runs smoothly then.

A happy ending lol :P I'm proud of my work lol.

...too bad the 1.4 is soooo slow...may be cause I drove my bros Silvia for the past few months lol

loving the progress... crying out to be finnished now.... get the indicators and grill sorted out...

we need a finnished item... cant wait to see it !

Will try to do it tommorow...at least the inicators. Too much work atm have no spare time.

Later I'll make some nice photos of my car and probably a video :P

Back
Top Bottom