My GA18DE+T

Don't they wire into the ECU RPM signal, therefore get the same RPM reading as the Rev counter?

Tell me if this is a stupid idea, but would it be possible to bore the cylinders in alternate directions, in a similar but obviously far less pronounced way to this? If it is theoretically possible, that could give you a mm or two more between cylinders.

HeadGasketSpacer1_200px.JPG

I'll be in dunfermline about 11. I'll give you a shout then.
You still got that din plate mate? I need one to hold the boost gauge in the N16.

Tell me if this is a stupid idea, but would it be possible to bore the cylinders in alternate directions, in a similar but obviously far less pronounced way to this? If it is theoretically possible, that could give you a mm or two more between cylinders.

HeadGasketSpacer1_200px.JPG

The cylinder bore would then be off centre.

Bad luck on the 1.8T Ross.

complete newly machined block and head or filled/machined then it would have to be machined in almost "V" configuration in a 4 pot block = £muchos

That pic is of a VW VR6 engine, it only has one crank.

Klepbediening_VR6_24V.PNG

Theoretically I still don't see any reason why it couldn't be done, but as you say it'd cost a small fortune and probably wouldn't be worth it anyway.

[/thinking aloud]

I'll be in dunfermline about 11. I'll give you a shout then.
You still got that din plate mate? I need one to hold the boost gauge in the N16.

Sorry to spam up the thread ross but your getting a boost guage fitted to the old girl??, I had a lovely autoguage one (from the NPOC group buy) to go on it took it to the local garage (as not sure which vac pipe to tap into) and the genius at the garage said the TDDI wouldn't boost enough to register on the guage so it would be pointless, I stupidly beleived him and sold it, will be a bit gutted if it could have worked :( , I've still got the guage holder pod thing I got to fit it, more than happy to send it to you gary if you would like let me know....

Back
Top Bottom