My GTI-R

thanks mate, all depends on boost and mapping, im jusy going to run the standard turbo for a while at 1.2bar i think, the 480cc injectors shouldnt be an overkill for that boost, then i think im going to get me a GT2871r, full race manifold and bigger injectors and go for 1.6 bar maybe, i dare say it will be easily over 400 ponies with that

awesome dave, who has them fella?

last night took some measurments with a digital vernier.

DET
dowel holes in head - 15.1mm
head bolt holes in head - 13mm
head bolts - 11.9mm (under the head of the bolt were its slightly wider)
head bolts - 10.8mm (around thread)

VE
dowel holes - 13.6mm
head bolt holes - 12mm
head bolts - 10.9mm (under the head of the bolt were its slightly wider)
head bolts - 10mm (around thread)

basically we are going to machine the VE head to the same measurements as the DET head. 1mm out of the head bolt holes and 1.5mm out of the dowel holes.

the VE finally meets DET :D
SP_A0368.jpg

i placed the head on the block and the dowel holes are tapered slightly so the head slotted on but wouldnt go right on as obviously the holes arent big enough, its was very good to look down the head bolt holes and everything lined up perfectly :D to my suprise the DET head bolts actually fit in the VE head but they are very snug, tiny bit of play around the thread but when the wider bit of the bolt met it, it was tight but still went all the way in. nissan made it with a bit of play so we are going to keep it that way

oh i am fella :D

the engine is fully stripped now, unfortunately i dont have any cash yet because of christmas coming, but straight after i'll be cracking on.

ordered valve stem seals from nissan today, my local dealer is great, he looked it up using a U14 bluebird chassis as they come with the SR20VE, lets hope they are right, what suprised me more was that they are available in the U.K...eeeeeeeeeh lol

Nice car mate, good to see someone doing different work on the GTi-R.

To be honest I wouldn't bother going with a GT2871R for it, minimum GT30 in my eyes.

I ran a GT3071R on my GTiR and it ran sweet as a nut till all the problems went with it.

You still running a standard gearbox?

If you are it won't last with 400bhp if you are going to give it death/track days or drag.

Mic

cheers mic, i was just looking at your evo on the modifiers club, nice matey.

yeh i was always looking at a 3071 but it shouldnt need as much boost with the VE head intact, also its the torque that is going to kill the box, this is a reason why i thought about the VE head swap as with this its always going to make more power than torque, still not sure on which blower to use tbh lol, yeh box is standard for now but its a fully recond unit with not even 1k miles on it so i'll just use it until it dies then get it uprated :D i dont give it stick anyway really, when i say stick i mean 6k rpm launches everyday lol.

hasnt been an update for a while, christmas takes it out good on the bank account lol.

postman dropped me some goodies off today,

ARP rod bolts
1.8mm cosmetic head gasket
JE 87mm pistons

SP_A0376.jpg

SP_A0377.jpg

ive got parts on order with nissan as well:
headbolts
main crank bolts
4 piston oil jets

also picked up my VE valve stem seals, getting external oil feed made up next week, when my bits come from nissan is going in to the machine shop to be done and built back up, then its getting the VE head drilled and tapped and bob is my uncle, should be up and running for summer. ive opte for the GT3076R blower with a protech top mount manifold and ext wastegate :D

another little update

VVL solenoid oil feed hose and fittings
-6 hose
-6 JIC ends
JIC to 1/8" BSP adapters
1/8" oil pressure sender "T" piece

SP_A0407.jpg

SP_A0405.jpg

ordered my protech shorty in cast iron grey ceramic coat with 44mm tail external wastegate flange :D

getting the head done this weekend with any luck... still waiting for my bits from nissan though :mad:

no update for a while again, not much of one really but...

my custom cages core 2 kit arrived, full rear powerflex bush kit, front bottom arm bushes, whiteline castor kit and adjustable rear anti roll bar.
Image020.jpg

then my protech log arrived, what a piece it is :D
Image025.jpg

Image026.jpg

then finally the rest of my engine bits came from nissan that ive onlt been waiting for for nearly 2 month. so i can finally get the bottom end built up now woohoo

woohoo i forgot i did a thread on my baby when i 1st joined.

aaaaaah well update and pics coming soon woohoo, really cant wait to get back in it :D

lol!

soooo much different in mind and experience now aswell wesley!

gonna be leathel no doubt - but still! GAY

hell yeh baby, when i 1st got it 3 years ago i was a little scared to do any work on it, not anymore :D

gearbox and transfer box bolted up, all ready to go in :) im going to underseal the seams in the engine bay to stop her rusting, want to keep it as clean as it is now for a long time, also needs both steering rack boots doing, so they will be getting done before the motor goes in
2010_02170010.jpg

the difference between a well used GTiR standard suspension leg and a shell that has only been on U.K roads in 6 summer months :D
2010_02170006.jpg

seems strange, the N15 was brought to life with VVL powah on this ramp, now the R is getting the same treatment :D
2010_02170003.jpg

Not with VVL power though. I love seeing engine swaps. They're so much fun. I'd do one a week if i had the right space and tools.

Back
Top Bottom