My GTI-R

ive had a little problem with it since the night we fired it up, i knew it sounded rough so i changed the plugs, still the same. i checked the dizzy cap and 2 of the points were pretty much gone, new cap and rotor arm, still the same. number 1 and 2 were off as when i pulled the leads out nothing happend, pull 3 and 4 out and it conked out, my head was farting as to why 1 and 2 were off.

so i left it at that yesterday, went down today, took the rocker cover off to see if any shims had worked there way out, all was fine. i then cleaned the MAF and did a fault code check, 55 which is all clear. so i swapped number 2 and 3 injector, when i fired her up still the same excpet the problem followed the injector, this time when i pulled number 2 lead out it conked out, fired it back up, pulled number 3 out and it did nothing. the pistons were nice and wet so im thinking that the injectors are over fuelling and extinguishing the spark

probably matey, having said that, the dizzy cap was fooked anyway, new spark goodies are never a bad thing i guess :)

Check the ECU water temp senors is working.Had sort of the same problem on my car ( was sitting for a few months ) , after a few hours of diags with injectors ecu etc i was going to give up! but just gave it a few high revs to warm up and all was fine, and the misfire went away , !

well im good me...

didnt bother checking for voltage as i was adamant the injectors were at fault, so i took them to a bosch centre near work today and had them cleaned, flow tested and the filters changed, put them back in the car and she fired up straight away smooth as fuck :)

as she isnt tested or taxed yet i got the trade plates out and took her for a nice long drive to bed the brakes in for test, i must say it was awesome to finally be able to drive it after 3 ish years :D drove it for a good hour solid and there seems to be no issues (grabs the wooden desk :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom