made it nekid

P1000173.jpg

P1000175.jpg

P1000176.jpg

P1000177.jpg

P1000178.jpg

P1000179.jpg

P1000180.jpg

whats the plan for sorting the inner wing mate? just thinking pulling it using another car etc could be awkward with the shape and the way its crushed.

good to see it being saved, if i had any almera bits left they would be getting donated to it, far too many GTi's being crushed now, almost want to buy one just to save it for the future.

not really sure what do to about the crease atm that was before I started working it with a hammer, its not as bad now but still a little creased.

yeah Im glad its getting fixed I think when my brother saw me working on it and finally twigged that it wouldnt fix itself he started helping

my brothers the same, wont do a thing on his mini unless someone else starts, then he gets involved.

i suppose as long as the bolt holes line up with the wing, and the headlights fit, then it doesnt matter if its creased etc. cant expect perfection, but get the panel gaps right and thats better than most people would do.

planning on panels get sprayed proffesionally i hope? rest of the car is mint, be a shame if it wasnt mint again in the future.

Well its taken nearly 6 months... due to being at Uni but here it is rolled it out of the garage for the first time yesterday so its quite dirty :)

I fired it up the other night, and it never even hesitated after sitting for 6 months, took it up and down the road and it feels perfect :)

ran it up to temp yesterday bled the cooling system, sat and idled like a champ

The GTi splitter has returned so I now have a spare VZR/SRi one

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Hows that for some neat panel gaps :)

few more things to do, then its ready to get painted.

I honestly had my doubts, but I think Ive done pretty well to get it all lined up :)

funny thing is underneath all the dust you can still see glimmers of it looking mint :(

Theres nothing wrong with it

Its list of wants atm are... a centre console, and the spraying.. and MOT and Tax

All washed,

The manifold needs bolting up and I need to bolt in the rear seat, then apart from the paint it needs its sound :)

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

HAPPPPPPY

I could polish it up once its sprayed and take the show n shine trophy :thumb:

just look at the shut line along the headlights!! its better than some cars that havnt even had a bump :)

Back
Top Bottom