My JDM Y0 Pulsar Serie GTi

correct Garnz!

Only thing you could do maybe is argue with the DVLA and say that it should have been on an "N" plate as that was the 1st N15's over here.

The reason it will be on an M plate is whoever imported it will have declared the year of manufacture as 1995;

M 1 AUG 1994 - 31 JUL 1995
N 1 AUG 1995 - 31 JUL 1996

They should have said (as it would have been) after the end of July 95, making it an N plate.

Worth a try Stu!

You don't get a choice, When it's been registered the DVLA have probably only had the date of manufacturer on the export certificate (they run that date through a computer and it generates a Reg for you).

The only way around it is if you have some proof of 'Date of
first registration' from when it was imported....as it will be afew months later allowing you to somehow re-register as a N reg.

Car looks good, £800 is cheap....Be careful to 3rd gear though.

haha mint glad someone has got this,

import = no rust FTW

the seat mounts as said wont line up, for some reason they differ, I bet your spare wheel well is shallower than a gti too for a space saver ;) weight saving yo get the copious amounts of sound deadening out boss every little will help even if it does have a snail under the bonnet

gottsta be gentil with the gearbox too :)

cheers folks:D
what is the box not as strong kurt/sam?

what a bummer i cant put my seat into it and my number plate on :(:(
wil have to sell them i guess :( cant afford to get the seats rewelded up again :(

stu if you get a pic i can compare it to my N14 seat mounts. maybe get on a gtir club and nab some from a track car thats blown up or something assuming they fit, ive got a sneeky feeling n14 seats do

I think so yeh, I don't know how much but I know 3rd is notorious in all FWD Nissan boxes with the power yours is. I'm sure Dave will know it's limits.

Isn't that seat mount just bolted on? If not you should just be able to re'drill it.

so gtiR seat will fit STRAIGHT IN?
if thats the case R32 seats (which mine are will fit it fine, as r32 front seats bolt straight into the gtiR :D

It's this rear centre console mount, I'm sure it's just bolted in. So you should be able to change it with an almera one.

Image015.jpg

^^ exactly sam

hmmm just a thought on 3rd gear, not necessarily power related on mine but in all my nissans so far 1.4 almera, 1.4 sunny, 1.6 sri, 3rd gear has always had a niggle about being selected, crunched it a few times in all the cars

hmmm that would be an easy fix ay kurt

yeah i know sam but if i buy some new r32 seat i can put them in, :D as ive allready had mine welded to fit the uk gti :D

Back
Top Bottom