My new vzr n1 version 2

exactly man its gone to a stage where ya can get everything for them if you know where to look. You will defo have the edge on me with those man mondello is all about the corners not the power!

people keep telling me to use the gti-r link ecu with just a tube for the map sensor ... thats it

1150eur +400 mapping, for piece of mind, customiseable map, plug and play straight into the n15 ecu shell, and option to go ITBs when you are ready ;)

Steve

at mera red never knew that man! It would be a sad day if i didn't learn something tho! i still think i was being generous!

at steve mine is only costing a third of that man mapped and all so for me ya just couldn't better it and if it made 230 and 185 torque safely how could ya go wrong. I guess its what works for the individual.

at steve mine is only costing a third of that man mapped and all so for me ya just couldn't better it and if it made 130 and 185 torque safely how could ya go wrong. I guess its what works for the individual.

yeah suppose ...

but im gonna keep saying it, till you give in hahaha

Steve

this is only the very beginning man. I have the engine running some way right now all i can do is improve on it from here on out so who knows whats down the road! If no one made mistakes or tried things out none of up would get anywhere. I will make the mistakes so ye can build on them. If i had my way over prob would have left out the valves and ditched the exhaust long ago but hey we live and learn. Thats why i dont have a honda outside my door there for sheep!

Why bother making the ecu then if there only gonna do it half right? sell it to us on the promise of it being fully mappable when its not few quick bucks then forget about it, im still blaming it for making mine run lean and melting the plugs and overheating the piston rings and det marks on the pistons

Whats half right about it, the ecu's are fully mappable by the right ppl. Lads in NZ, Aussie, Greece are all tuning with these daughterboards for years with no prob.
The problem we had is we couldn't get someone to map them here in Ireland but now thats sorted!
And I was never in it for a few quick bucks, if thats the case I wouldn't have spent shit loads testing and on all the equip to make it happen. Its my equip that Paul has used to have his car mapped.

Has for your car and has Paul said was it not right anyway, I think I'm right in saying that your N1 had problems running 5w30 oil which is recommended by Nissan for them. Did you say before that it was burning oil too. Think I remem you saying you were running the wrong plug too? All of these can cause problems too
And also I advised everyone that I sold an ecu too, to get a dyno to make sure everything ran safe as every engine is diff.

Re the melted N1 engine that was running powerland ecu.
It was not a genuine N1, it was a Vzr with what was supposed to be an N1 engine... It threw a rod at high rpm which is caused by over revving, proving that it could not have had N1 internals seen as these can rev to well over 9k with no probs from bottom end.

Whats half right about it, the ecu's are fully mappable by the right ppl. Lads in NZ, Aussie, Greece are all tuning with these daughterboards for years with no prob.
The problem we had is we couldn't get someone to map them here in Ireland but now thats sorted!
And I was never in it for a few quick bucks, if thats the case I wouldn't have spent shit loads testing and on all the equip to make it happen. Its my equip that Paul has used to have his car mapped.

Has for your car and has Paul said was it not right anyway, I think I'm right in saying that your N1 had problems running 5w30 oil which is recommended by Nissan for them. Did you say before that it was burning oil too. Think I remem you saying you were running the wrong plug too? All of these can cause problems too
And also I advised everyone that I sold an ecu too, to get a dyno to make sure everything ran safe as every engine is diff.

Re the melted N1 engine that was running powerland ecu.
It was not a genuine N1, it was a Vzr with what was supposed to be an N1 engine... It threw a rod at high rpm which is caused by over revving, proving that it could not have had N1 internals seen as these can rev to well over 9k with no probs from bottom end.

I wasnt talking about you making the quick buck but powerland themselves i know the hard work and expense you have gone to trying to get shit done and its much appreciated , id love to see someone independant here being able to map them without bringing bill over

Ok I have made good progress mapping the ecu for basic fuel and timing but that's about all. there are too many maps missing for this to ever be a successful solution for getting the most out of the engine. I need to find a better way of accessing all the tables so we can tune the load on the maf with a trim on tsp. Also there is no way of controlling the injection timing which is crucial for tuning high comp NA engines.

Has bill a way to get to these tables and injection timing ?

They say roughly around 20 percent for transmittion losses as a general rule of thumb some more some less? I could be wrong how do tuners give a flywheel power graph then when not measured directly by the flywheel there has to be some degree of guessing surely? As I said i'm prob wrong if ya could I wouldn't mind being educated on it.

Measured on the run down. It's still aided by some complex algorithm though that tries to calculate an 'all things being even' figure.

-mobile phone post-

Got the car back and may I say that this is they way they should have made them, can't get over the pull in 5th the torque is the one biggest factor. I haven't really pushed it ya just had a go of vvl in a couple of gears but it pulls really well pre linear acceleration.

I found it quite giddy low down when I got it back but have learned since from the tuner that this was a neccessary evil as a result of the high compression he said that the power delivery is a bit lumpy at very low revs as its is necessary to be very aggressive with the ign timing to stop the det caused by the high compression. When I get more used to it i'll probably find that it only needs a small amount of throttle at low revs to make most of the torque. If I use to much throttle at low rpms you will stall the air in the intake tract and in effect make it surge or lumpy. This is a function of the high compression and the extra displacement. Just like a race engine if you fee it the throttle to 3500 rpms it will feel much better.

He also address the issue why it makes peak power at 7k now instead of further up like it used to he said If a 1600 engine makes max power at 7500 rpms then and 2000 will make it at 6000. The formula is 7500/2000=3.75*1600=6000. Its to do with the gas flow per rpm and since the 2000cc engine flows the same gas at 6000 as a 1600 as 7500 rpms. It should have peak power at the same point as that the limiting function is the cams ability to flow air. If the cams are more efficient than everything else then it might be at a higher rpms. But in general its quite simple.

He also offered to fabricate a custom set of cams more suited to the engine down the road had I an interest.

I have to say it's refreshing to be dealing with someone with a real interest in what he is doing (not saying at all that other tuners dont) but I think for sure my car has found its home away from home.

Good to hear chief, ya deserve to have it going good after all teh work you have put in, mines still getting rust repaired and underseal.

Soon as i have it going ill be down to you for a spin

awesome mate glad to hear

mines exactly the same in the low revs, lumpy as hell which i presume is for same reasons :)

Might be a silly question but did he think you would gain much from cams gears to bring the power up the rpm range or would it be pointless?

i'm confused by the low peak power....

mine's similar basic spec, ie high comp, n1s, powerland header is it? etc etc, and mine peaks way above 8k.

also all n1 ve's i've seen on the dash seem to peak pretty high with the right breathing mods?

me no understand

....only thing i can think is the n1 intake manifold?

Back
Top Bottom