My new vzr n1 version 2

i agree 100 percent with ya steve but its a compromise for huge cost as patjoe said. If however i was told that the ecu compromised the safety or reliability of the engine i would have gone with stand alone all day but for what i need its perfect. From day one i was expecting that i wouldn't get full power out of it. The suprize for me was the exhaust and the fact the valves have pushed the power band down which i dont really mind
as long as the power is there the lower down it makes the power the more those wonderful torques i earned will come into play. For me im very happy i have a platform on which i can build on and i know little changes are going to make big improvements in it. A true modifiers car is never finished there are always tweeks and adjustments to be made!

facebook-like-buton.png

at mera red: your right there im not sure what to say on it tbh. Unequal length in an n/a isn't good and also the welds on them are shocking its leaking in severl places but as to it having a big negative impact ill reserve the right to say anything until its proven on that same dyno ill swap back to n1 and try for another run. I wouldn't have robbie discredited either what he gets results every time and wouldn't let it back to me until he was happy he knew what was wrong. The difference was he tried when everyone else shut the door on me so ultimate respect is due to the man for that at least.

Why a G4 damo compared to others?
Is it the cheapest to run 8 injectors?

If I was going standalone i'd just run 4 big injectors, s15 injectors are 480cc and can be got for less than €150 for 4.
Save alot of time and money imo

I've got an Omex 600 for the ae86
Seems to be and several people recommend them including Martin treacy although vipec v88 is almost identical for a few quid less

Sent from my X10i using my penis

such a epic spec on this, far beyond my bolt-on knowledge lol like you say on a all motor build, its those tiny tweaks that makes the difference - all the best pal.

Dale in auz switched to standalone after finding out Nistune lacked the resolution on his 2012 build, adjusting the lower map was throwing out the top of the map. He went for a Link ecu I believe it was.

I know cost is the issue but it does seem a hell of a shame to have such an epic engine on such restrictive management.

I dont get why people bash NISTUNE. The person behind the tuning is far more important, whatever the management. Imho the only time you`ll really need standalone is if you run ITBs.

Good figures, but i`m surprised the power peaks quite low and doesn`t hold for longer? Also isn`t that just a stock figure for a N1?
Interesting seeing the results without the exhaust.

I dont get why people bash NISTUNE. The person behind the tuning is far more important, whatever the management. Imho the only time you`ll really need standalone is if you run ITBs.

Good figures, but i`m surprised the power peaks quite low and doesn`t hold for longer? Also isn`t that just a stock figure for a N1?
Interesting seeing the results without the exhaust.

Agree totally regarding tuning.

Ya stock is 197hp new with 100oct, highest ive ever seen an N1 make here in Ireland was 192 and that was with bolt ons...
Look at the torque figures tho! Nice...

There is a few of us dazzled by the early peak power!
Would the bigger valves cause this?
Still if he changes the cat back he will make the same power as Vas did with his 2ltr build on 100oct

No one here is bashing nistune, the board i'm using is not supported or even affiliated with NIStune it just so happens it can be used to programme some of the tables other software has to be used to change activation points ect. The reason the ecu wont work as stated before is that becuase its NOT affiliated with nistune, they haven't developed a proper address file whereby all the variables can be programmed properly. It costs thousands to get one developed apparently and there is no reason for them to support it as VE engines are probably one of the most uncommon engines in the planet as far as tuning circles go hardly any if any use vvl cars in motorsport so why would they go to all the expense for nothing. thats they way I see it anyway someone feel free to correct me.

Yeah and she is on throttle bodys too but with that hatech management is being used... POC is using omex on his with the throttle bodys too. Still tho that is a rare sight very few ve's make it into competitive sport when you compare them to RB engines or even sr20det's for that matter.

Even with throttle bodys and stand alone tho that guy is only making 192whp isn't that only around 240bhp fly? and look at the torque compared to mine his is only 150 where as mine even with what is considered a crap ecu is 170 on the same displacement?

Why bother making the ecu then if there only gonna do it half right? sell it to us on the promise of it being fully mappable when its not few quick bucks then forget about it, im still blaming it for making mine run lean and melting the plugs and overheating the piston rings and det marks on the pistons

Who is making the ecu tho? an independant guy in greece? and the daugherboard is from an unknown source in japan. Before that there was nothing so it's helping us sort it out.

Your engine was very sick to begin with damo ya can't blame the ecu for that it only made 130 on the dyno with other concerns, plus you upped the rpm to over 9k with out an ounce of mapping for it thats asking for trouble also. Nearly every other N1 owner if not every N1 owner have been using these without issue so far so it seems coincidence that just yours wasn't right.

Yeah and she is on throttle bodys too but with that hatech management is being used... POC is using omex on his with the throttle bodys too. Still tho that is a rare sight very few ve's make it into competitive sport when you compare them to RB engines or even sr20det's for that matter.

Even with throttle bodys and stand alone tho that guy is only making 192whp isn't that only around 240bhp fly? and look at the torque compared to mine his is only 150 where as mine even with what is considered a crap ecu is 170 on the same displacement?

how do you work that out?................... whp to bhp is NOT a % formula!

my recent 155bhp and 136whp shows the exact transmission lost = 19hp
19hp are my GTi's transmission losses, whether the engine makes 155bhp or 196bhp *with same brakes, axles, hubs, wheels, tyres, tracking, tyre pressures and so on :2guns:

i did think whp to bhp is a percentage formula % - wrong. hey its knowledge is all.

dboi

They say roughly around 20 percent for transmittion losses as a general rule of thumb some more some less? I could be wrong how do tuners give a flywheel power graph then when not measured directly by the flywheel there has to be some degree of guessing surely? As I said i'm prob wrong if ya could I wouldn't mind being educated on it.

Theres a n1 sat not 30 miles from me with the head melted too after running a powerland ecu, mine was only making that power because neither solenoid was activating, and the map was there for post 9k i only upped it to 9k, as far as i know wasnt outofsight running his a lot higher.

I agree its great for someone to develop stuff for our cars but i really dont think there going to put the effort into such a rare car, and i really dont think anyone else is going to bother doing anything, which is a shame.

Standalone management is the only way were going to see the most from our cars imo, i could of built a nice 2.0 build but i couldnt afford the managment so i am going the opposite way ill buy the bolt ons and management first get it in and running then go stroking and boring next year if things pick up

Did someone elses go bang aswell? I'll still stand by that none of those ecu's are mapped here in this country for the specific car and for a high compression N/A we could all agree that it's not good. the least thing that should be done is take it to a dyno straight away and make sure its fuelling right. davids one was ok for the car but i'm sure there are others that aren't. I never fitted the ecu until a couple of weeks before I brought it to tdp. my 1600 was always running a stock ecu I wouldn't risk it.

Yeah out of sight was running a lot higher but it was mapped on a dyno to do that man yours had nothing on the map after the limit that was set by who ever tuned it as far as I know the final limiter is the end of the map if you expand past that whats there? nothing?

Ya it is a shame as it's cost effective for us but as ya said who is going to bother when it wont profit them? those with VE powered cars are going to have to go standalone to make the most of it. All the address files for NIStune are made and tested by them with endless amounts of hours and cash thrown at them, where as our address file is made by a lad in greece and independant guy just trying his best to sort out some solution.

It costs no extra to go 2000cc anyway over 1600 if your getting management anyway crank and rods can be gotten cheaper than any sr16's?

yeah but i wanted the ecu first, thought about it and i want to see what the 1600 can do for now before 2.0 with proper managment,

sure building it again wont take long a weekend could have it done if i have another gasket kit and new metal headgasket, as opposed to building it now and not getting to drive it, that would kill me im itching to go rape it around mondello asap i actually nearly shed a tear when i found i cant get it now until friday to get that rust sorted

i actually had the rods and crank but gave them to a good mate of mine to build his as he got caught by buying 3 bad sets

Be nice to see what they can do. Even tho were making mistakes its still progress in making these cars actually seem competitive with the others.

yeah its a long time since the only readily available part was a fuji manifold for 750 quid, i cant wait to see how mine handles when its back everythings been polyd all braces except fender ones and some new coilys and r888s

Back
Top Bottom