MY P11 PROJECTO !!!

Ok so the saga goes on...I cut the bullshit and let the pics do the talking.

First up i drilled the mount tops.

drill hole topps.jpg

pre drill ed agin.jpg

Then i took the mount area back to bare metal like this.Both sides.I already did this last year.

taken back.jpg

Next stage was to treat it and then primer.

kurusty.jpg

underprime.jpg

Next was to underseal the area.

under1.jpg

Next the shock/spring assembly was fitted back.Yes i know i need to renew the rubbers.

spring refittede.jpg

Brace bolted down.

bolted down.jpg

This is how it looked nearly finish,just the carpet to back back under the brace.

final shot.jpg

final shot 2.jpg

Last edited:
Coilovers receive in the post today,need springs and clean up,but are leak free,rubbers all good,got these free from another member.

coilovers.jpg

coilovers 2.jpg

They look as un-adjustable as mine brian! give em a good soak in diesel, works a treat getting the retainers to move.

They are really not that bad,most of it is just dry soil.The springs are rusty and snapped but they getting changed.I need to buy the adjusting spanner for them too.Not a clue what springs are on currently.The coilovers are Bg's.

Last edited:
Well i have made a start on one of the coilovers today,taken back to shiny metal on all of the shock body etc,treated it,then primer it ready for top coat,have not decided on which paint to use yet,thinking of using enamel spray paint,shiny and durable.Adjustment threads are like new too,none damaged.Some Pics tomorrow.Waiting for spring compressors to arrive then i can bin the springs.

Yes,i don't have the coil over spanner anyway to release the tension,so was just going to remove springs same way as normal shocks.Plus i need compressors for another job for a mate's Gt with standard shocks/springs.

Last edited:
with the N15 ones just removing the top nut should remove any preload on the spring, well before the nut comes off the thread. but you dont know how they've been set up i guess. maybe just wait for your spanners boss.

Back
Top Bottom