MY P11 PROJECTO !!!

hal-9000.jpg

Ok so the cat gaskets and spark plug gap tool arrived today,just set the plug gaps,2 plug had to big of a gap,so just been out after doing them,the miss seems to have gone for the time being under full throttle in any gear,Good news ! Quick vid again of standing rev to redline.

gaskt.jpg

gapper.jpg

So the the replacement pipe arrived today along with the non air con belt,i wasted no time in swapping the pipe over,i used fuel pipe instead(6 quid per meter) So the same thing will not happen again,as shown below on the old pipe.

belt andpipe.jpg

Deformed pipe.

old fooked pipe.jpg

New pipe fitted.It's close but not touching the throttle cable.No more bad idle now !

fuel air pipe.jpg

Also got some coilovers free ! ,They need a bloody good clean up,some paint plus new springs.Got a rear strut brace from a p11 gt saloon,will fit the hatch without to much hassle.Gearstick stabilizer poly bush and still waiting for the clear rear lights,as they got sent back due to bad packaging.

Last edited:
Ok so i made a start today on fitting the saloon rear strut bar,now this has been done before with removing the stiffening plates,BUT i also want to keep the stiffening plates,i might be the first person to do this mod on a Gt hatch.So first thing to do was see if the brace would clear the plates like this,just clear's :)

test fit bra.jpg

Body plates removed

bodyplates removed.jpg

Bodywork already pre drilled.

per drilled.jpg

How it will mount.

test fit bar 2.jpg

Stiffening plates marked

plates marked ready.jpg

Drilled to fook then section removed.

drilled the fuck.jpg
plate cut out fo bar.jpg
Plates and brace together ready to be fitted.

brace and plates.jpg

end cut out.jpg

That's all i got done today,that's the worse part out of the way i reckon,the sections that i have removed might like big,but remember the wide end of the brace and it tilts etc,and i need to allow it to slide then over the bar so i can bolt the brace to the body,this has NOT weaken the plates at all, ! Even just trying to remove to the bits i drilled lots of holes in was hard as fook.Might look shit at the moment,but will file it smooth etc where cut and paint it all up tomorrow.The brace will show but all the rest will be under the boot carpet.

Remember the Hatch got the plates instead of the brace,vice versa with the Saloon,so according to Nissan the brace must be equal to the plates,i have both now.Win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom