My PH1 gti

Right been quiet for a little while but for good reason, seeing as my engine was feeling a bit unhealthy i decided i'd build up a spare engine and swap them over. Well as you can expect things spiralled and now i'm building a bit of a N/A monster hopefully. So lets start things off, heres my nice new eagle rods with arp bolts and 16ve pistons. 2 of them are spanking new and the other 2 are from joe and are slightly used.

Rods and pistons
IMG_0021.jpg

I put the pistons in the oven and the gudgeon pins in the fridge, they slid together easy after that
IMG_0022.jpg

Look ARP rod bolts /jazz/
IMG_0023.jpg

Ok so my block and head are getting some work done at the mo, bores honed and mating surfaces faced, they should be back with me at the weekend then i can put up some more pics of progress.

Oh and as some of you may have seen, heres my header
IMG_0019.jpg

No i havnt david, mainly because theres only 1 rolling road on the island and its in a carnoisseur who are a bunch of idiots. It'll be getting dyno'd when it gets mapped, most likely at GT art or somewhere like that.
And being a brand new engine there isnt really any comparison to my engine in the car at the moment

Good luck with the engine build dude, look forward to the next update with cams/headwork.
That ASP header looks good...since when did ASP start offering a budget 4-1 header???

Good luck with the engine build dude, look forward to the next update with cams/headwork.
That ASP header looks good...since when did ASP start offering a budget 4-1 header???

Dunno m8, i got it from greg at gspec i think they have been selling them for a while

No i havnt david, mainly because theres only 1 rolling road on the island and its in a carnoisseur who are a bunch of idiots. It'll be getting dyno'd when it gets mapped, most likely at GT art or somewhere like that.
And being a brand new engine there isnt really any comparison to my engine in the car at the moment

GT Art did Stu's red turbo map so at least they know the engine :thumb:

Yeah thats another reason i may choose them, they obviously know what they are doing.
im sure the build will be great, parts looks pukka either way. whats next to do?
Once the block and head are back i can start assembling things, i'm waiting on some parts from gspec and my bc valve springs from america aswell but i can get the crank back in and connect the rods and pistons. I've gotta wait 2 weeks till my cams are here, they are being heat treated first.

Hopefully lol, i'm going to be using a few parts that no one else has tried yet so hopefully it all comes together with good results.

Right, got my head back all nice and decked
IMG_0024.jpg

Now i have a major dilemma!!! There is a score mark down one of the cylinder bores top to bottom
IMG_0026.jpg

What do i do, i can either bore the block out to 86.5 or 87, which means i'm gunna need to buy new pistons, rings and headgasket. Or i can get a new block from somewhere, i dunno how easy thats gunna be. Opinions people.

Right i've decided to blow sum dosh and go with 87mm pistons, check out my for sale thread as i'm now selling my ve metal headgasket and 16ve pistons.

The headgasket is actually 87mm, but crushes smaller when tightened. People in the US use them on 87mm bores all day...so you should be fine. It is a very very good quality HG....100x better than a Cometic.

ouch, i had this problem on one bore dude, luckily had my old mera engine to rip apart and use the block.

as kurt says the ve gaskets are the tits, although i say you should get a 90mm gasket and some 90mm CPs lol :punk:

Back
Top Bottom