My PH1 gti

lol, yeah that would be good although very very costly. Kurt would you say i'd be better running 86.5 or 87 with the gasket? The only reason i say that is cos the last thing i wanna do is order 86.5 pistons and then when the block gets bored the bloody scratch is still there, at least i know if i bore the block to 87mm the scratch aint that deep.

i would think the gasket and pistons would sell on easy enough so if you're concerned about the depth of the score go to 87mm

what bearings you using? sorry if i've missed it

You can just catch your nail in the groove, the chap doing it said he reckoned that boring it to 86.5mm would get rid of it but i dunno if i wanna chance it. If kurt says the gasket can take 87mm then i would sooner go that bit deeper and be sure. As for the bearings i'm using ACL rods and clevite mains m8, i havnt posted full spec yet but trust me it will make an interesting read.

Just tryed the pistons in the gasket and there is a good gap around the piston to the gasket, As only the top 2mm ish of the piston will be going through the gasket i think it should be ok. Tryed searching on sr20 forum but couldnt find anything

Well Greg at gspec has confirmed that I can run 87mm pistons with the metal ve headgasket so looks like I'm gunna bore it to 87mm then.

Right, had a little delivery today :tt1: check these fuckers out
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg

I wont reveal the spec on these just yet although someone knows what they are :detective:, all i'll say is they are feckin huge.

lol at craig are you a fucking mystic or summot. Yes joe knows and he didnt persuade me to get them. As for the duration steve you're nearly right, the intake is one side of the 300 and the exhaust is the other.

Nice one. Forget all that shite about Tomie cams. This is where its at! Lumpy idle FTW

Be interesting to see how you get, on as these will probably be my next major engine mod.

I havnt got adjustable cam gears as i didnt anticipate fettling with the cam timing, unsure whether to bother or not. i havnt passed the point of no return yet as the engines not built up fully so i could still get some. Do you think theres any point?

I havnt got adjustable cam gears as i didnt anticipate fettling with the cam timing, unsure whether to bother or not. i havnt passed the point of no return yet as the engines not built up fully so i could still get some. Do you think theres any point?

i wasn't convinced mate, but having had the problems i've had with compression and my powerband seeming very high in the rev range i just looked into it.

check my thread bud, i'd say for what - £50 odd used i'd get some in case. glad i have now looks like they might be very useful to me now

Back
Top Bottom