My PH1 gti

Definately get some adjustable cam gears, im sure you'll need them to get the most from those cams.

You're brave, i'll give you that!

Good luck dude.

Very brave, You'll certainly have the compression and exhaust system to match. Is this still a daily driver?

Not so much lol, i only use it at weekends to nip to the shops and generally drive about. Cheers guys i know i'm using stuff no one has paired together before so i'm hoping it all works out well. Where's the best place to get cam gears? I know gspec do jwt ones is there anywhere else that people would recommend?

^Brian Crower or Tomei spring to mind, the slider type.

Easier to tune/adjust and they tend to come with more securing bolts now for added strength/fixed timing.

I did find some BC ones on ebay, 6 securing bolts and as you say dale a lot easier to tune as you dont have to mess about taking the sprocket off. I had been worried about the slider types coming loose but i think with non slip washers and maybe a bit of locktite they should be fine

Righto, back off hols now so things can progress a bit more, got a few deliveries coming tomorrow so will update with pics of bits that turn up.

Ok so finally got my parcels from parcelforce after them fucking me about. Heres the bits, excuse the iphone pics.
BC valve springs
IMG_0046.jpg
Gspec adjustable cam gears
IMG_0044.jpg
VE front cover/oil pump
IMG_0043.jpg
Gspec stage 3 clutch kit
IMG_0042.jpg
Custom steel oil relocation block
IMG_0041.jpg
Gspec remote filter bracket
IMG_0040.jpg
VE oil pick up and new knock sensor
IMG_0039.jpg

Still waiting for my custom pistons to arrive then i can get the block bored and start building this thing!

lol, not that much but i have spent a lot, i've tried to replace most things so that there's not too many weak links, hopefully this way the engine will be fast and reliable.

Some nice parts there dude!

Looking forward to seeing this engine completed, going to be really interesting to see the results....

Back
Top Bottom