My PH2 GTI

just finished raising it up, it drives so much better now and looks "right" was a bit too low before, plus the underneath of the car is liking me again now lol, was too dark before i could take pics, dan got a few so may see them soon.

think i'll wait until the VE is in for a track sesh :D

wayne that number doesnt work fella

arrghh thats cos i whacked an extra 2 in it whopops

haha

how many of them rota pictures are actually el cheapo chinese copies though? probably easier to sell those copies on as rotas than volks etc as well, as people would only pay volk money from a recognised place, paying rota money people wouldnt think because they know there replicas.

car looks great, how much are you paying for the VE's mate? seen that bloke on neovvl could get them, but asked him for a price ages ago and he never got back to me, there usually around £1k but would rather source one thats already in the UK and i could see first etc so dont know how much more i would have to pay for that.

cheers old chap.

i payed £800 all in for the 20VE and around 1K for the 16VE. yeh Al can get hold of them as he got me my 20VE, he is taking a break from cars at the moment, i think hes been abroad for ages so not too sure on the engines he can get. i do know that he is building a VE powered P12 estate though :D its going to be pimp as fook

wasnt drunk EDK was to busy concentraighting on winning that SR16VE :P

as for the rotor pics iv seen them before my grids are fine and nearly every drift car iv seen runs some form of rota rim and never seen one go like that but then again for the millions sold im sure a few will fail.. id like to know how many had a side impact before failing as iv seen lots of aloys fail when they meet kurb.. iv seen OEM BMW merc and audi wheels fail like that after a kurbing.. :D

well im testing the coilovers atm on some whitby roads (im on holiday) and there really good the thing that lets the car down atm is roll... i need some anti roll bars and im sure these will sort the car out no end!

4th time lucky, they are a pain in the arse to get set up right but shes in for camber and toe laser alignment tomorrow so needed it to be spot on today and it is at last. now its set up right i shall get some pics with proper camera but heres a couple of shonky phone ones for now

Image388.jpg

Image389.jpg

cheers fellas :)

expecting VE rebuild goodies very soon, infact ive just checked on the tracking page and they left customs today so im thinking they will be here tomorrow woohoo :D

hopefully mark still has some of that amber spray paint. i swapped my PH2 corners for dans (2.0lt GTi) PH1's

Why not try opening up the indicator using the hot water/oven technique, then spraying the insides orange? Might have the same effect?

Who needs the pulsar wezz, when uv got an everyday car like this, lol.

Cant wait to go out in her with you when the ve is in!!!

cheers chaps,

ive just treat myself to a new digi camera so the proper pics coming up very soon :)

also had her in for laser wheel alignment today and the camber on the n/s was at -2.7 degrees and the o/s was at -0.7 degrees! the toe was at +0.2mm on the n/s and wait for it... -12.3mm on the o/s

now all set up the camber is -2.2 degrees on the n/s and -2.1 degrees on the o/s, the toe is at +1.0mm on both sides now :D

the setup really has made the difference, drives and feels so much better, shame its pissing down so i cant go and "test" it properly tonight

That's great mate, I bet you find you'll take it with you everywhere and just when you catch a nice angle of your car you'll whip the camera out haha or is that just me? :rolleyes:

heh you flatterer you David :P

Back
Top Bottom