My PH2 GTI

yep its a good garage, got everything, its good that i used to work with the lads i work for now at my old place (we all used to work for main merc dealer) :lol: i get to drag the car in if we arent busy...even thought were always busy at the moment, but the lads are always happy to give me the key so i can go in on a night :D thursday night im going in to fix the little water leak

just booked her in at dastek for saturday (not tomorrow, next saturday) ian said with it having the VE in it wont just be a couple of hours so im taking it up saturday and getting a train home, then when its done go back and pick it up. he said they will start it on the monday and it should be done on wednesday lol. i think it will be done quicker he is probably just covering himself but im excited now. guess i need to drive it as much as possible to run the engine in. the drive up there will be good for it but its the drive home im looking forward to :D

update :D

MSS fitted, cams are switching, set the intake at 5000rpm and exhaust at 5400rpm, you can hear them switch but not as aggressive as it should be, obviously down to the DE tune strangling it, i only revved it to 6000rpm so the engine would only just be getting into its stride :D even up to 6000rpm it still pulls better than the DE. booked in at dastek on wednesday next week, let the mapping commence WOOT!!

VVL kicked in yo!

Awesome stuff Wezzo, really tight build mush.

A consumate professional.

Have you thought about having the VVL come in sooner in the rev range?

Should be all guns blazing by the Whitby meet, you will have to take me for a little spin.

cheers chaps, yeh i'll take you for a spin bud, i'll be putting my taxi meter on though :lol: as for having the cams switching earlier, it will lose power with the SR16 cams, with the stock 20VE cams then yeh it would need to be lower. when it gets mapped then they may move the switch points but who knows, we will find out very soon :D

cheers chaps.

hmmmmmm im not too sure on cost as it is 2 engines in 1 :lol:

had a fiddle with the MSS again tonight as i found something on the sr20-forum about channel 1 and 2, i had the exhaust cam coming in before the intake (i thought it sounded wierd as if my rev counter was out or something) i can actually feel the difference now ive changed it, can hear both cams switching :D bring on wednesday WOOT! just in time for the nun meet too :D:D

Hope everything goes to plan mate. Can't wait to see this when you come up :) Random question though, why Dastek? :)

Dastek are proper good Chris. Mind syms was coming up to get his mapped too before his house was robbed :(

I'm just along the road from Dastek. Silver GTi mini-meet? :E

cheez joe x

yeh there is a little mini meet going on...

sweep
chris180
stevenC
97vzr (neovvl.com)
and erm me :D :lol:

staying back at work tomorrow to put VE injectors in, change oil, and i need to raise the front end up as it wont get on the rollers :lol:

2009_02200007.jpg

2009_02200008.jpg

sorry my camera didnt like the glossy backing that dastek put on the sheet.

the blue line is how it was, even though i thought the cams were switching...they wernt, so the power tails off as it is only running on the low cam. then they got the cams switching (dodgy wire to solenoid) and it made 165whp and 153 lbs, (red line on graph) although the AFR's were terribly low (lean). then after mapping, it made 171whp and 161lbs :D (orange line)

now the only thing that baffled me is that they never upped the rev limit and as you can see on the graph it is still making power. ian said that they listen for pinking then back off the timing a little, so if i was to have the rev limit upped then he would have to back off the timing so i would only lose power. but i think with the rev limit at 8000, the cams switching later and the fuelling sorted, it would still make around another 5-10whp, on the positive side, it fucking flies :D with the rev limit still being at 7000 it feels like it has a close ratio box on it as it just eats the revs. i may take it back in some time and get it sorted to try and squeeze a little more out of it.

Back
Top Bottom