My PH2 GTI

I would leave it at 15 for the time being. and dont go anywhere near 23..... I did and it pinked it tits off

I think 19 is on the limit, I'm scared to even go up to that

It's base timing by the way, the rest if the map works off this figure. At some points timing can be into the 30*s

Steve

I think 19 is on the limit, I'm scared to even go up to that

It's base timing by the way, the rest if the map works off this figure. At some points timing can be into the 30*s

Steve

yea thinking about leaving it standard at the min - just set the distributor to the centre when putting it back on, as a timing light was in accessible - Im thinking mayb to let phil @ AI have a look and throw it on the dyno

Sat the big datsun will see the dyno again - Its been about 40k miles since it has been on the dyno, so fingers crossed it doesnt blow up lol.. Im not expecting anything big, but after putting the cams in, im hoping that its helped a bit

DYNO DAY - BAD DAY lol

I aint putting a pic of my dyno sheet up, because im pretty ashamed of it lol - The car, despite the cams, only made 170 bhp, which was 4-5 more than chris made on his car - So, im trying to get a set of cam sprockets to have them set up, properly, the car is booked in for next wed, for cams set up, and another run at the dyno.

Anyway, on a brighter note, i washed the car today :-)
Spent a good few hours on it, first the car got washed with meguires finest shampoo, the details class. Then it got a dry of, then got a coat of NAVI Wax, came out great, im happy with these results

16102010166.jpg

16102010168.jpg

16102010165.jpg

16102010163.jpg

16102010162.jpg

16102010157.jpg

16102010156.jpg

16102010161.jpg

Watch this space...

only 170? you're ashamed?

errm, what exactly were you expecting? dynos are inconsistent and a lot of very quick cammed GTi's ranged between 160-180bhp

i wouldn't be lead astray by the somewhat inconsistent, inflated tomei near 200figures :lol:

Yeah certianly dont use that as a benchmark. The `tomei` figure got blown out the water. I `only` got 180.

Managed to get a set of JWT Adjustable gears, and going to get a nismo FPR - so i hope for a couple more horses when al is running a little better lol. I was a little miffed to the reason i bought cams, as chrises car made not much less than me, but thats life, engines with 40k less are clearly healthier lol, although mine was running a little leaner than his, my AFR dropped to 12. something, ill get the images later hopefully

as for the weeks, i was thinkin about painting them white, never thot about bronze to be honest, may need a photoshop done at some point lol

Don't think white Gti wheels suit against a red car. Curtis' wheels look well tho. In general White wheels don't do it for me. Gonna spray my other gti wheels black for the winter

i alway feel better after giving the GTi a good wash down. times this year for my 'pick me ups' after Rowdy woop'd my bottom, after JAE and after every RWYB :( lol

Managed to get a set of JWT Adjustable gears, and going to get a nismo FPR - so i hope for a couple more horses when al is running a little better lol. I was a little miffed to the reason i bought cams, as chrises car made not much less than me, but thats life, engines with 40k less are clearly healthier lol, although mine was running a little leaner than his, my AFR dropped to 12. something, ill get the images later hopefully

as for the weeks, i was thinkin about painting them white, never thot about bronze to be honest, may need a photoshop done at some point lol

thats not lean, thats more towards rich matey. is it the same dyno you going too? if so the gains with the JWT do seem low tbf.

the same' dyno is the best way of judging gains/looses. not a one off dyno with an operator using 3000ft above sea level correction methods lol returning to the same dyno is to me, the only way of gauging a true gains/bhp lb-ft figure (excluding an $$$$$ engine dyno)

Back
Top Bottom