My SRi

Because the sr20 swap is relatively easy and like dale im determined to prove just how good a well modded GA engine can be.

:D
21042009741.jpg

All about the JDM 4 part illumination :P
21042009742.jpg

Engine:
21042009745.jpg

21042009747.jpg

21042009751.jpg

21042009753.jpg

22042009754.jpg

Internals are in amazing condition considering the engine has done 100k miles, still god the cross hatching showing on teh bores :O :D

Flywheel needs some TLC, 3 hot spot areas at equal distance around the surface, each with blue discolouration and cracking.
22042009758.jpg

A little gasket overlap but im sure theyre all like this:
22042009757.jpg

I was very suprised to read i the FSM that the headbolts are only done up to 63Nm!! thought they had to be damn tight

love love love fella, its gunna look a different car from when i last saw it. the vzr's rear suite the blue 100% bet your happy with the condition of the block too :)

swap that flywheel over mind
dd

Engine came apart remarkably easy and trouble free, nothing broke, yes not one bolt snapped, shocking i know on an almera :D

Baby crank!!! aww
8.jpg

Big end bearings, minimal scoring :D
9.jpg

10.jpg

Future paper weights, not much meat on them rods is there. Shocked how loose the nuts on the rod bolts are!!!
11.jpg

One concern I have is the pitting on the big ends in the oil way, it is on all of the big ends but hasnt got onto the bearings running surface so not sure if the crank needs grinding or not???
12.jpg

13.jpg

Scoring like this on all rod bearings, not sure how normal this is.
14.jpg

What an engine looks like in bits haha
15.jpg

So right now i need to figure out if i can use standard size bearings or need a different size, no idea how to find out lol

Wooo nice goin there, good nick considerin teh bitch driven hard :lol:

If this all goes well might wana do it on mi baby too... keep GA livvinnnn !!

the bearing grades will be stamped on the crank for both dude on the oil pump end counter weight will be 2 rows of numbers one 4 and one 5 long the 4 numbers are each rod grade starting at piston 1 and the 5 are the cranks starting at the oil pump end..

have the crank polished or if you need i have one you can have for free plus a flywheel!

Tellin you now im going SR20 at some point but im doing this to prove a point and gain a whole load of experience.

This is joes old engine, seems to have been well looked after for sure.

Ian i noticed some marking on that oil pump end CW but didnt look too closely, will have a closer look tomorrow. Wouldnt mind having a crack free flywheel though :D

Back
Top Bottom