My SRi

You'd lose displacement, but you could make up the compression with GA14 rods, but due to the shorter stroke it'd be able to rev higher, uprated springs etc? You reckon it wouldn't be worth it?

the GA will rev high engough anyway.. only way i would consider putting the 1,4 crank in is if you could keep it a 1.6 by going for a massive over bore. but not gona happen.. Displacment = power simple as..

Right these are the markings on my crank, is this what i need the plastigauge for???

grades.jpg

dude the bearing grades are stamped on the block just pulled my manual..

if you can get a picture and i can check the fianl bearing grades for you.

if you look on your block with the sump facing up.. at the gearbox end there should be 2 rows of numbers stamped.. a 4 and a 5 if you take a picture i can add them up and get you the grade colours you need to order from nissan :D

Only one set of marking, 5 dashes and 4 number "2s"

24042009802.jpg

Left is rod bearings, both sides same number, middle is the cradle side of the big ends, right is the grooved engine block side with oilway
24042009808.jpg

what about the pitting on the crank?

13.jpg

Also, ok the bearings will have qworn a little so how do you decide what new size/grade you need to fit?

Might be useful to work on it when theres someone really in the know with you? Because if you start it up and it falls apart you'll be gutted!

the new sizes are the same as the originals.. dude the carnk will be fine if ou want to you could have it polished.. if you really want dude the pitting does look bad i have a crank you can have.. and i can give you the bearing sizes..

Back
Top Bottom