My SRi

s'pose it's usually only rubber or plastic ain't it, was thinkin it was normally stainless tube which'd be noisier! :rolleyes:

See above ;)

I reckon it will deepen the sound.

75mm all the way!

I will be wantin summat similiar soon Cov, can i give you a shout?

It begins!!!

Kindly dropped off by Joe and his dad
06022009510.jpg

Strait on with the stripping, sorry Joe lol
06022009519.jpg

06022009520.jpg

Dales old catback, impluse bought from Joe also ha
06022009521.jpg

Progress on the engine will be reasonably slow due to to the upcoming coilovers.

Need to buy a crane, engine stand and then its time to strip the engine right down, measure everything internally to dtermine what bearings are needed and if any crank grinded is needed. Bear with me :)

You can borrow my crane for a while if you want, for a pint or two. 2 ton capacity, massive thing. My engines in now so hopefully wont need it for a while.

that would be awesome man!! Make sure yours is running 100% good before though :) Theres no huge rush anyway as i cant afford to buy the rebuild kit yet ha

It came apart alright then Paul? I've never had the inlet off it before lol.
And your right about the club lol. Almera Love Club eat your heart out :)
You gotta keep updating the progress with the engine!
Joe

yeah easy man, was fun getting it through the house though lol

I will do, next update, yourll see the inards of your engine ha

Correction- I'll see the inards of YOUR engine lol :)
As I said though.. You better not beat me with my own old engine hahah!
Joe

well corrected lol we shall see, ill be well dissappointed after all this and it makes shit power, ill just skim the pistons then turbo it ha

Hi there CoV love your SRi its in bloody good nick lol, erm do you have a upgraded exhaust manifold on it? if so what make and how much. thanks

correct, Kelv got it made for his 100NX, then i bought it off him at a bargain 200 i think, corroding nicely now its sitting on the car not burning off ant moisture on it, may have to remove it to preserve it :(

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread Paul, keen to see what you can get out of it N/A.

As a random peice of info, which you've possibly seen, the guy 'wes' in the US made 113whp/109lb-ft with his N/A build on the GA16, with headwork and JWT cams.
http://www.notnser.com/

aye ive seen that before, makes interesting reading, looks like head porting and flow bench is going to be essential to getting good power out of the engine as theres not enough room to fit larger exhaust valves, they are tiny :(

Back
Top Bottom