My Trop Green GTi

Sudden thoughts of VET's shoot through my noodle.

Do it elliot, buy supermonsters gti, then buy stevens ve head converstion!!

Altho would the standard de block be able to handle reving so high with boost, ofcourse you would have to run it on low boost if it was the standard de head and block?

depends on how l9ong it takes to get here could tale upto eight weeks

planning on doing the swap while im off over the xmas period ready for the new year

well the plans for doing the swap over xmas have gone out the window

engine doesnt arrive in the uk till end of january

Steve, can I ask you why you've brought a full blown SR20VE mate?
You do know that your current engine has got better compression than a stock 20VE right?
Just seems like your taking a step downhill, if you got your current one mapped it'd be great lol. So???
On a different note, I'll happily give you £400 for your existing engine, just tell me when and I'll nab it off you.
Cheers
Joe

just bought some new goodies

nismo fpr
new polly bushes
clutch

and debaiting wether to get a fidanza fly

and joe the min i would take is 450 to cover what i paid for the head and oil line + fittings

i have a little niggle when first started it idles spot on but after driving for a few mins the idle changes to 1500 sticks there for a while then slowly goes back to around 850

any idea's ?

Are you using the DE throttlebody? If so, use the VE one if you still got it as my idling improved significantly after changing it.

it's almost if not identical to the de just need to swap a few things between them i'e throttle body,distributer
ive got a ve head fitted so cant be much more difference in a full engine
and i have a mss wired in for the cam solinoids

Back
Top Bottom