N16 DCi-R

Done :) I'd also like the mention that on the drive back I was doing 65mpg at 80mph in 6th :D

Haha I thought a few people might throw some words my way after that :D

Diesel Power Tuning (DPT). It's the make of the box. Rated as the best tuning box you can get due to being digital and supposedly quite clever. Now it's not going to be as good as a remap but that will cost me £600 (only RS Tuning in Leeds can remap the Denso ECU so that's cost of remap+fuel to get there and back). This was half that.

Can't wait for the 1/4 miles strips to open up again :sinister: I like the GTi but I'm not going to deny the satisfaction I have at it now being more powerful (than a standard GTi) :P Don't forget loads more torque too corbs.

Thing is Ed, with 240 lb/ft torque to play with it'll be bloody quick across country & more economical at the same time ! You are a complete b*****d ! :P:lol:

Thanks for your comments guys :) Favourite N16 eh? :D I'll make people like the N16 for looks and power yet!!! :lol:

Done about 50 miles with the box now and it's clearly doing it's learning I was told about. Tonight stupid torque power means I accelerated up a pretty steep hill from 35mph in 5th! 5th @40mph on flat road is now giving me 60+mpg too :D before it was reading about 45. Going up the gears is smoother and so much stronger too. Can't wait to open her up a bit more when the roads are dryer. Average MPG combined is at 39.8 and rising :D

If you've got a YD22 and can't afford the RS Tuning remap this is what you go for.

Back
Top Bottom