N16 DCi-R

Yeah looking good. Got to agree, a untidy interior doesn't look good!

Did the boot mat come from straight from nissan?

Matt

looks good ed.

just have no interior at all then it wont get marked :D my interior is all wrapped up in the loft for when the time comes to sell the GTi

lol I'd love to strip mine out but I need my interior... for now :D

Mat came from shop on Ebay, 'Eternalcar'. There is a genuine Nissan one and would have loved to have got that except it doesnt have a none slip surface. The one I bought does.

This is weird. Taking apart my stock front shocks today and one had blue fluid while the other had green. Theories?

Koni Sport Yellows all round now, installed myself :D My god are they good. Amazing the transformation while still using lowering springs.

Great write-up on how to fit the strut inserts here.

They look stock... but they really aren't.
IMG_2485.jpg

Adjustable wonderment :)
IMG_2487.jpg

The damping is so supple with great feel of the road. Front's set to 5/8 stiffness and rears 6/8. Sticks like glue now (understeer and skipping reduced greatly) and even seems to have reduced my bump-steer. :cool:

Any reason why you've got the rear set harder?

I would have thought the general rule of thumb was softer rears?

Looks good though, and good write up!

About the same as the K-Sports at their group buy price. From Demon Tweeks the Konis were £350 delivered. I've heard that the damping is better than K-Sports, and even Diyamas. I intend to fit Ground Control and camber bolts in the future.

I understood that a harder rear creates more oversteer, and as I suffer from slight understeer this should correct. Next move for handling is Nismo rear sway bar and, if I can in this country, get the rear beam bent.

Ah my info is wrong? Got it from the Sentra boys in the US. Either way what ever I've done my understeer is less :)

Good mod mate.
For better handling you need stiffer rears. A very stiff front end ( in relation to rear ) will destoy handling.

Can you get koni springs to match?

Excellent so I was on the money :) I've just got back from a random drive and really pushed the car. All I can say is Wow.

Koni don't seem to make springs for the N16, but my H&R springs seem to be very good and I'd imagine of similar rates with 35mm drop stated.

hello, I have seen this gem of the post,
this engine is very good but a shame that came with some versions ecu DENSO brand and these can not remap.
koni suspensions are very good success, although in Spain we had the opportunity to get the koni FSD for the same model.
This strut bar where can I find?

Sorry to hear about your bump matey just saw it on facebook :eek:

does it look worst than it is like and need replacement panels/bumper ?

nice shock/spring setup, subtle look but alot better cornering, i like it :D

i would have the rears on a 7/8 setting tbh, and the front as they are D:

nice work :D

Back
Top Bottom