N16 DCi-R

Forge intercooler fitted, and a video of the fitting for your pleasure. Catch tank also went in.

(sorry because of the music I used you've got to watch it on You Tube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC_VPi83c6I

[video=youtube;YC_VPi83c6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC_VPi83c6I[/video]

IMAG0409.jpg

Updating threads could so much easier if everyone could do video editing :lol:

Excellent work ed. Everything ok after the barrier disagreement at mallory?

Thanks. Yeah its all ok :). Really surprised that all the hoses and pipes were fine after mallory, and even tho the cooler took a big knock its fine! Filled it with petrol, no leaks. Very strong, recommend Forge.

Feels great on, a marked improvement!

-mobile phone post-

I've moved the intercooler down a couple of inches after a bit of tweaking today. Didnt get a clear pic of it, but here's two shots to show you how it stands now (pretty much back to how the grey one was engine bay wise :)).

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

Gloss black for a change. Halfords Enamel brushed on. I'm also pleased to find that my discs are still painted and rust free after my prep on them a while back :).

IMAG0444.jpg

looks good. I hope that paint does not burn off. I used Red heat proof engine paint on mine before I had my endless. I still need to paint the rear calipers blue. looking good though :-)

Meh I'm sure it'll be fine. Got a whole tin of the stuff if it comes off :lol: I've got my twin-pots to go on when the pads up front wear out. They'll go gloss black too. Not looking forward to wirebrushing the orange lacquer off though as it's really tough sh*t. Then topped off with orange Nissan decals (not the rears).

Yeah it'll be reet mate. Get the twinpots on a wire wheel if you can, far easier than doing it by hand! Failing that, try some nitromors :lol:

Sod doing it by hand! I've got a rotary brush for a drill, but its so tough even that was hard work the last time I did it!

-mobile phone post-

It's more about applying enough pressure onto the caliper, but the grinder approach sounds better than a drill so will do that, cheers :)

-mobile phone post-

i need to start work on the n16 but just dont know where to start with it. i keep looking at this thread and think im being a bit of a twat not looking after her like i do the gti. as always ed love the car and the car you put into her

Yeah pleased with the rears so far stu :)

Rich I wouldn't worry mate this is my only car and you've got the gti for the love :D

-mobile phone post-

Back
Top Bottom