N16 Pulsar Sedan front grill

I bought it :D I called them first to confirm and it seems legit but I still can't work out how it ended up here in the UK! Either way it makes me a winner :p

Mod your bumper now mate :)
And you're in for a sexy front end :)
You got a bargain there! Is it actually the correct colour too lol?
Joe

Heh no it looks like it's the phase 1 grey. Close, but no cigar.

Yeah it's awesome and so random! Literally just a small amount of bumper modding now :D :D :D

Saved me loads of work and about £300 by the way I was getting quotes for shipping... even slow sea freight.

Hi Ed, yep its me :p

droped out of the cyber world for quite a while :lol: had ASAP issues with the company but its all good now.

And glad to see you got the grille man (sorry to have left you hangin' bro :( ) ...looks real nice and by the way the grille i can get is from 'Thailand' :lol: not Malaysia :lol::lol:

Not to worry mate, it looks like I'm well on the way now to realising the dream :lol::lol:
Yatesy I've seen that done a few times. It's a OE grille but with parts cut out isnt it? Looks good :) I'd paint that matt black though as I'm not a chrome fan ;)

Bought a scuffed up bumper from scrappy that I'm going to practice on. I'd like some advice on doing the work myself, i.e. materials, tools to use please. I think expanding foam and body filler would work?

Here's what needs cutting away and reshapping for the grille (marked in red):

DSC00944_grillecutoutarea.jpg

For cutting away large sections of bumper, you could use a soldering iron, make sure it's used for that specific purpose though as it'll cover the iron in burnt plastic and won't be very useful after. Then file, expanding foam etc as you mentioned. Fibreglass (kits from Halfords from about £8) would make the reshaping stronger than filler. Don't know if you've already thought of all that, but that's how I'd do it. Good luck btw, can't wait to see this. Gonna look mint I reckon...

thats going to be a pain to do there are 2 clips holding the bumper on the bottom and another 2 clips holding it on the top

once you cut them it will loose a lot of strength

Darren

I'd say a dremel would be best. Cutting away a bit at a time, testing for fit as you go etc. Try and use as little filler as possible to avoid cracks, you want the inside to be as strong as possible also.

I'd say similar to corbs, as little filler as possible, and possibly none unless you specifically have to build the bumper up in places, and even then I'd be tempted to use fibreglass as Phil suggested.
I recently cut my mate's 200' bumper out for an FMIC, I used nothing but a sharp stanley knife.. Its hard to get going but once you're moving its very predictable to cut corners and follow a line you've marked out. The finish is also very very smooth and you can even 'slice' thin pieces off a little at a time.
Joe

A bit of progress :D Cheers for the advice fellas. helped so far and I'm sure it will as I continue :)

Good to see it in reality, where I now need to build and cut etc

DSC00213.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

The plan now is to take this as far as possible, get all the shaping done etc, up until it can be painted. I'll get that done professionally as it'll be very important to be a perfect match.

Looks good ed. I agree with previous comments though in that it'd look better with a ph1 bumper, maybe you could use the ph2 rear bumper with a ph1 front if you removed the black bump strips from the front bumper?

You mean like the photoshop I made of Steven's car? I wish I hadnt made that now :p

Well things I like about the p2 bumper are the bottom grille and fog, and the chunky part that come out of the bumper from the headlight that gives it a slight lip. It would be a shame to loose that imo, however the p1 bumper is still nice and it will be easier to mod the grille onto.... hrm

See what you mean about the lip, that bit does look good. Don't you think the ph1 bumper looks more aggressive though? It's similar to the N15 ph1 gti bumper really...

Back
Top Bottom