N16 Pulsar Sedan front grill

It is similar but no, I think the p2 bumper looks more agressive...but then maybe that's the p2 lights and my cupraR splitter that's doing that. I think I need to do some more photoshops to decide for myself :lol:

Don't let my shitty chopping skill put you off, but here's a quick chop I did :D

edkph1.jpg

Enjoy lol, either way, your car still looks hawt.

Edit: Lmao, just realised the center bar at the bottom of the grille is nowhere near the center of the car :P

Heh cheers :) Ok I see now, yes ^that does look more agressive. It's the teeth type knaw :D Cars always look better without the number plate on the front though so chuck that on and lets see what it looks like :thumb:

excellent progress mate, looks awesome!

making a point about the P1/P2 bumper, id say yeah the p1 bumper looks mildly more agressive in the central region however there is way more plain boring bumper from the foglight back to the wheel compared to the p2 bumper where the fogs are spaced further apart.

Thanks mate I'm glad I've finally made a start to the hard part :D

there is way more plain boring bumper from the foglight back to the wheel compared to the p2 bumper where the fogs are spaced further apart.

^I think that's just to do with Philip's photoshop actually as the p1 bumper there is from a photo taken at a different angle lol. Actually looking at it the p1 bumper's fogs are slightly further apart...

n16p1p2front.jpg

I don't know!! I think I'm swaying towards the p1 bumper but I would want to modify the p2 fogs into it to match the p2 round lights... but there are parts of the p2 bumper I still really like! Argh dilema it was all going to be so simple, why did I have to photoshop steven's car with the grille?! :lol:

Maybe put it to a vote :D

Sorry Ed, I'm still saying the P1 bumper. If you could put your fogs into the P1 fog positions (maybe with a custom blankking bit?((sorry for the technical terms:lol:)) ?
Think this'll turn into some debate :roll:

Going for the p2 bumper guys.

Bit more progress, had some 'fun' with expanding foam. Great once it's set as it's so easy to shape. Any hints, tips and advice along the way is more than welcome :) Thanks!

Will sand this down to a rough shape, then use fibreglass to finalise. I've bought some 'bumper filler' which is supposed to be very flexible and you can sand and paint it so that'll be a final thing.

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

Question then, if I were to just slap resin over the foam (not using fibre layers) would it be sufficient? There are quite a few gaps where the resin would seep into the foam and could make it all very strong.

Hrm, so apparently I still can't decide 100%...

p1 bumper with p2 mesh.

thelookp1bumper2.jpg

using those black plastic fog inserts for the N16, I could make up some p2 fog holders. These suit the p2 headlights more than p1 fogs...

thelookp1bumper3.jpg

Also my IC will be visable by using the same mesh on the bottom grille as the top grille :) (easier to put onto the p1 bumper too.

^scrotums and testicles...I think I'm going to have to buy a p1 bumper. Theres one on the bay too that comes with those fog blanking plates too. Win.

Steve, or Duncan, if you're reading this how does the curpa splitter line up roughly to the bottom of the p1 bumper? because it looks like the bottom is more rectangle than the p2, while the p2's curvature seems to run in line the the splitter nicely.

Back
Top Bottom