Naylor's GTI

Mark_Gti said:
Love the car mate!

Ive just got myself a phase 2 black GTI but my engine cover (not sure what its called) is looking a bit old and tatty like the weather has affected the metal quite a bit.

How did you get yours looking gleaming?

its just silver spray paint mate, I did have it done properly by some one else, but it wasnt prepped right, so it came off :rolleyes: so i just redid it temporily for JAE,and never got round to sorting it

sri_alan said:
where did u get ur beanie hat from?

j/k

looks very very nice, not ott

haha, never noticed that! had to take a bloody good look to see that, its from Envy mate lol

kia_tat said:
very kool!!! your door pods looks like youv just modified the originals??? what did you do (roughly)

that was the plan with the whole car, not ott, I re-enforced the pocket with thin mdf, and cut the front out, made a frame out of mdf to give the rough shape, then used fibreglass matting to cover the holes in the frame, then filled with bodge and lots of sanding, then trimmed and screwed back onto the doorcard

edited: cos i was being stupid!

mines in the normal stereo DIN and the remote doesnt work unless you steer to the right then press it so i had to put it upside down.

Nice one mate,I personally think this is the best mera on the site,always have.obviously the best colour ;) ! Well done mate,great example of what a modded mera should look like!
Boydy.

Boydy i would say it is very close between your car and this one as to the best sound system ever. Both completely different but both stunning.

Chears mate but I'm pretty sure Naylor's is definately better now,I stripped all my stereo gear out last weekend,I'm selling it all! Selling my car and I didnt think anyone would pay for all the ICE.Pick up a golf R32 just after crimbo.
Boydy

NaylorGTI said:
jeez, theres no pleasing some people lol, when optima bring out a blue top version of their yellow top i'll buy one lol
oh, and you'll have to change your sig..........it should be

mostly standard car...etc etc

because we know youve been playing with it lol

I dont know if your interested mate but I've got a exide deep cell battery that blue that'd probably look pretty sweet in your bay,If your interested PM me.Cheers mate.
Boydy.

P.S-You can see the battery at- http://www.almeraownersclub.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=2226
:)

dont know if this has been brought up, but did you make that "surround" in your glovebox? if so how? and you say your selling your interior! if your selling that i'll pay you to change it so it fits a large ps2;)

Lance said:
dont know if this has been brought up, but did you make that "surround" in your glovebox? if so how? and you say your selling your interior! if your selling that i'll pay you to change it so it fits a large ps2;)

the Large PS2's are to big to fit in the glovvy mate , tried a while back :(

dammit!!! dont want to fit a slimline, coz they open up! tis not very compact when it opens like that is it? where do you suggest i put it then? or will any other console fit?(obviously not the xblock) but will a GC?

I think if you cut the back off the Glovvy , the large PS2's may fit. Or just stick it under the seat....

Could try some fancy hand jiggery, take the PS2 apart & lengthen the Power Switch with extended wiring, so you could mount it on ur dash or summin

Lance said:

gynx may be right, even if you cut the back of the glovebox it may still be a little bit too big, I have made a a small shelf that sits underneath the glovebox and the PS2 sits on it, I'll put pics up of it later

yeah you better post them or else :grrr: lol really want a ps2 in the old mera.

Great car there man! U guys there have plenty of staff to do to make ur meras look like this one!
Awesome work for the interior Naylor!
U deserve all those trophies man!

BANNERcopy.jpg

will you be selling the surround in your glovebox anyway? if so pm me the details, 1st dibs lol

if i get round to copying my subframes and sell the interior, then decide what Im going to do about trim colours, if blue aint going to be part of the plan, then I'll be selling the door pods, A-pillar builds, glovebox build, DVD player and the screen together, as the alcantra costs so much, its pointless ripping it off to retrim it, might aswell sell it instead

Very nice setup m8. :cool:

NaylorGTI said:
I have made a a small shelf that sits underneath the glovebox and the PS2 sits on it, I'll put pics up of it later

Pics ??? :D I need something like that to sit a laptop on in my P10.

Back
Top Bottom