Nialls Vzr N1

Fitted handbrake cables for the re-test and put the walbro 255 fuel pump in. Seems a bit more eager now.

5eja7yda.jpg

urerymen.jpg

Have an Act Clutch and Jun flywheel coming from the states shortly all going to plan. Paso side cv and wheel bearing arriving next week from Poc should see the end of the niggly bits list. Cars going in for a retest early next week so should pass no bother. Looking forward to dropping the front abit more...

So finally got her tested today. Now fully legit.
Changed the box oil after running in the final drive. Went with 80w90 semi-synth. Not sure if its right but i intend on swaping it out for some millers shortly along with the engine oil and new filter.
This disturbed me somewhat but im hoping its just from where the casing had to be grinded down.

uqaty5y3.jpg

Did the paso side cv joint straight after the retest this morning as the car had started pulling to one side fairly badly.

asypuqym.jpg

Seems perfect now so next on the list is tyres next week. [emoji2]

a6u8abe2.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldnt be too concerned with that on the gb plug, its big chunks you need to be scared of :p

Were the bump strips painted?

Not really done much with this lately. Running sweet, driving it everyday to work and loads of vvl. Hasnt missed a beat. Picking up a Powerland ecu next month for the craic before she goes into hibernation.
Got two Toyo Proxies on the front and two dung tyres on the back but lifting a pair of Ado8r's next week for the front and moving the proxies to the rear.

Should i drop from a 55 to a 50 profile. I think the 55's are a little too big but need opinions... what do ya'll reckon?
I would like to lower the front a bit more too and there is a 25mm spacer on the rears which are being swapped for 10mm's as soon as they arrive.

454944c74900a18db7a6df0849cffa16.jpg

f3e201781743700f5b5f7c776b97ccc4.jpg

ac37bca0e01efaef35c3d93a8ad8a38b.jpg

Drop down to 50s the Ad08s are a much fatter tyre than a normal street tyre, I would get a set for the back though as you will have a massive grip imbalance. Watched a starlet put itself in the gravel at Donington as it was running really sticky tyres upfront and normal tyres on the back.

Okay so a few things have changed since my last post. lol
Bought a Powerland ecu of POC and got serious craic out of it.... for a few days. lol
Now no fault to Pat this wasn't the Ecu's fault as far as im concerned as you'll see from the pic's.
So stuck the car in the shed, ordered an engine crane and stand, then whipped it out and tore it down to see what happened.

Plugs leads even shat themselves..

Seeing as this is my first engine teardown, i thought i'd be tidy about it....

Dirty dirty sump...

It was at this point i thought, maybe i should've removed that pulley earlier.... lol

Bits of bearing it seems...

1 & 2

2 & 3

Thats as far as i am with it really. Working 6 days a week at the min so time to get near the car is fairly limited.
Saving for a few key components for the new engine which should be fucking leeful... so i'll update again with progress as i go/parts arrive.
Any info or advice would be great as this is my first attempt at any kind of engine internals work so loads to learn and research.
Cheers

Bore wash could of done it watered down the oil and just happened to kill #3 first the others don't look in great shape

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah theyre all fairly badly worn... you reckon bore wash was to blame Damo? Two oil changes after it happened before the car even went on the road. Then two in between....

Have you opened the oil pump to check the condition?

Thats a complete across the board failure not limited to one cylinder imo... I'd be thinking lubrication was the issue. Number 3 was just the one that spun hence why its the worst.

Doing a little tidy up on the engine bay before the new engine goes in and trying to reroute wiring and piping to give it a cleaner look. Im not going to start flushing shit just a tidy up and a respray.

Abs delete - Id like to get rid of the abs pump under the wiper motor. anyone running without abs and is it a case of getting a non abs master cylinder and plumbing it from the bias valve directly to the four calipers. Any tips or info would be great.
Im also playing around with the idea of fully braiding all the lines in the bay inc. the clutch line as oppossed to using copper/nickel piping but again hesitatant as theres pros and cons to both.
My thinking behind this was adding more flexibility so the lines could be moved around within reason for a more aesthetically pleasing look.
As always any opinions welcome as its difficult to know what way to go with it.

Personally i like the look of the copper/cunifer lines when they are done right they look very tidy and you could do all of the work yourself as long as you have a flaring kit and pipe bender and it would be cheaper than getting braided lines made up but braided lines would probably be way easier to work with once you have them made up and will probably see the car out.
It's probably all down to personal taste, which do you like more?

So as above doing a tidy up on the bay. Progress so far.

As it sits presently...

Im going to go ahead and weld up a lot of the un-necessary holes around the bay and flush them, i didnt think i would but looking at it now, theres no reason not to since ive gone this far. Before any welding im going to dry build the bay as in the brake setup and run the re-routed power steering pipes just to make sure everything has its place and im not cutting or boring into new paint.
Should look well when done, I did it before on a Civic and it turned out sweet, just the wiring thats the trick.

Got the dash out and its ready to go for flocking so in the mean time, i stripped out the rest of the air con crap.
Need to find a non-air con box if anyone has one floating around?
Tidied up some of the interior wiring, stripped out the airbags and associated wiring as well as the abs ecu and wiring.
Should free up a few kgs... lol

So plan of attack is to basically strip out the rest of the interior. Carpet and headliner are getting dyed black and the firewall will be painted in gloss black like the rest of the floor pan.
Dash support bar will be getting cleaned up and sprayed so its ready to bolt back in.

Collected the new Sr20ve engine last week so its now sitting waiting to go in.
With that i also picked up a Defi guages din set which is wired up and ready to plug in.
- Discontinued Nismo clutch
- FTO twin pot front brakes and modified hubs
- fidanza flywheel
- whiteline rear anti-roll bar
- carbing lower rear strut
- cusco upper brace (ive yet to collect)
- cusco engine bay strut
- cusco under brace
- powerland manifold
- 2.5" 304 stainless exhaust from the downpipe back into a 5ziegen border.

More purchases will be made im sure over the coming months but im currently waiting on a pair of CE28's to make a complete set. There on the way from japland so i'll be holding out on other buys till they're here.

Thats really it for the minute, i'll update as i go.
Anyone has got a non aircon box there let me know.
As always any recommendations do let me know.

Back
Top Bottom