Nismosteve's red GTi

Last weekend consisted of swapping the knackered springs and dampers for some decent used ones. Still a 40mm drop but with some damping now instead of knocky knocky Bang bang lol.
This eekends mission is renewingmmost of the brake pipes yay . Then going crazy with the wire brush and underseal.

20131123_153219.jpg

These Pi springs are about six or seven years old. Rear off side broken.
20131123_153241.jpg

This off side front damper was so dead it was actually knocking.
20131123_153247.jpg

Then as I was checking the brake pipes over I started having a poke with a screwdriver.

Im gutted as previous owners have really gone to town protecting the other areas of concern.
The bat cave had been totally cleaned out and lathered in protective sealant. The sills are like new.
20131123_154247.jpg

I used a wire wheel on a drill to clear the sealant off.
The plan is to patch it up and get it through a test. Then I'll use it while I get the new shell to as close to perfect as possible before beginning a full reshell using this.

Jesus do all cars in UK rust to that extent after 10/15 years or were n15's made out of the cheapest of steel?

Must be head wrecking putting so much effort into a car and then finding issues like that!

On a lighter note these will be going on the car during the summer months when they've been refurbished. Still undecided on keeping them the sepang metallic or powder coat white.
20131124_175722.jpg

20131124_175748.jpg

There is no manufacturer cast on these anywhere. Just the Japanese safety standard VIA
Can anyone id them. Hally maybe? As they came from him at some point lol.

Back
Top Bottom