Nismosteve's red GTi

Ah, man, that doesn't sound good. Knew the arches would need another going-over at some point but the rest is a bit of a shock. Maybe if you have the track bug the looks are less important than they were? Do what needs done to get through MOT then weld out the bad bits, keep going with the tubby and respray in time for next JAE? Suspension and brakes would need replacement/refurb if you intend serious track abuse anyway.

I love this car. To solely track it would leave me without a fun Road car. I need it to do both as I cant really afford to run two cars as well as the mrs. I'm going to do what it takes to bring it up to scratch. I'm not letting this one go. I'm going to invest in s decent welder and get stuck in. Spyke took me out in the boosted five door and felt and sounded like my old s14 and that is what I'm after without the "Drift" price tag.

The house move and holiday have robbed my boost funds which now have to be MOT funds for a few weeks. Although I have some 16" rims to pick up soon; )

I'll take it in two payments if it helps?

Run the SRi as a daily and lay the GTi up for the resto?

I'd be using the SRi as a base (if it were me) Its solid solid.

What's a kidney go for these days?
A moth just flew out of my wallet:(

Got to go on holiday and relax apparently. On the plus side I may have a lock up with a ramp in it coming up soon.
If I had my way is give the bloody house up and live in a lock up!

Finally got round to replacing both the lower arms. Also replaced the roll bar main bushes with poly versions and renewed the drop links.
20131102_150322.jpg

Still got lots to do for the mot. I have another set of springs and dampers coming next week.
One track day seriously inflicted some rapid wear on the poor thing. I also need to replace a track rod end as the
rubber has just gone.
I'm looking forward to the handling feeling tight once more.

The abs ring on the near side dive shaft needs replacing now too to take the light off and all the rear brake pipes need renewing.
Ideally the fuel tank needs taking off to attack the surface rust and to check how bad the seams are then ut all needs undersealing after any welding to offer some protection against further rapid tin worm. If I can get a year out of it I'll be happy. Cos the reshell I'm planning will be worth it.

Yeah the original bushes were a little bit worn I reckon. I want front and rear engine mounts too. I'll refurb my original lower arms with poly bushes and new ball joints for the new shell.

Went to jerk hq last weekend. I only went to pick up some stuff but Chris and I ended up sorting the knocking exhaust out,much appreciated, and the Ilife saving bit too;) Chris.
After much bending and beating the exhaust was no longer knocking and Chris was (in the end) happy with where the tail pipe was sitting.

This car has too much history with the club to simply get another year out of it

Back
Top Bottom