Nissan Pulsar VZR N1 1.6 to 2.0 Project

Lol, excellent vds poc.
I'm about to start a similar build DE block, N1 head, N1 or Kelford 184C cams. Any advice or things I need to be looking out for?

Lol, excellent vds poc.
I'm about to start a similar build DE block, N1 head, N1 or Kelford 184C cams. Any advice or things I need to be looking out for?

Great stuff well at least you have a bit of a guideline!!
Where you getting N1 head???
Id go with N1 cams or wait for High N1 low 20ve cams, there in testing at the mo.
What pistons are you going using ?
Do you plan on opening up bottom end?

Great stuff well at least you have a bit of a guideline!!
Where you getting N1 head???
Id go with N1 cams or wait for High N1 low 20ve cams, there in testing at the mo.
What pistons are you going using ?
Do you plan on opening up bottom end?

Yep, very handy to have your build as a guide. I probably would have just used my sr16 head if I hadn't seen it.
I got the head from damienga15de, it arrived last week :D.
The plan is re-furb block, lightened & balanced crank, shot pein de rods, new bearings, new oil & water pump etc, Gspec pulleys, N1 tensioner, N1 pistons & probably N1 cams & adjustable cam gears.
I was thinking about a skim on the head to raise the cr to about 12.5, do you think that would be worthwhile or is it best to leave the head alone?

Ya its going good, no real updates since been busy with work.

Plans are some more tuning, playing with suspension set up, fit lucino lights, loose some weight! and ive a new set of wheels on order, keeping the CE28's for the track just want something a bit bulkier looking for road!!

Should have pics in next week or 2! gonna be diff looking anyway!

that pulsar is top notch. i was ringing you there about my vzr up in donegal and hopefully i can build somethin similar to your car.its a very impressive guide too

Good work, very tidy and well thought out build. Excellent documenting too.

It looks off tap in the videos. The fellow who wrote the tune maps looks to have done a pretty good job considering he's in another country. Will be interesting to see dyno graphs.

pretty much

The highest rpm mine seen was 8300, eventually found out it was damaged pistons from bad fuelling. Must have occured early on in build and weakened pistons or else in 5th gear at 6krpm after i sold it!

Yes unfortunetly the pistons failed so bought it back and its getting a rebuild again!

Its with the engine builder at the mo and the head is in the machine shop getting refurbed. Waiting to get head back to decide on pistons.

Any more pics of that header?

Which one lad, the Freak one or the Powerland one i fitted to the Ver2?

@Sam ya will be going for higher CR this time but no off the shelf bits with N1 head, so waiting on it to be refurbed and proper measurements so i can order suitable pistons!

New design for the header.

01062010201.jpg

01062010208.jpg

S5021073.jpg

+12 hp on a modded 20ve.

Available now for 580 euros + delivery from Greece.

From Bill's thread on http://www.neovvl.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1008&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Web Address for Powerlandhttp://www.powerland.gr/

Back
Top Bottom