Nude pics

• N/A - For those who know how

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • turbo because N/A sucks

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Meh, is it shiny?

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
This thread is just like the old nissan v honda debate, theres never really an outcome as both are different. But hondas are shite

in an ideal world you need to pit N/A and turbo almera GTi's at the same power to get a decent comparison. if money was the discussion turbo would win, simply because as simcard said, you can turbo a gti for under a grand, for 220-240bhp. for 220-240bhp in N/A you'd need £X amount of thousands to do so.

personal opinion; ive been in a turbo gti as a passenger, and yeah it was quick, but i still feel a lot happier in an N/A gti. with decent suspension you dont feel threatened if you nail the power mid corner on your way out. ive sampled a few quick hatchback turbos and always get the same feedback, bit sketchy. one to mention was a fairly stock power glanza (pipe and a filter/coilovers and widewheels) and driving that felt frantic at 140ish bhp, felt like it wanted to spool mid corner and understeer, good fun though. drove me mates GTiR at roughly 350bhp too, different kettle of fish but that was just awesome. fuck all till 4.5k rpm then your ringpiece drops out. mint..........

if there was no VE's about, I'd always go with the turbo route...loadsa fun...not that difficult to do and great fun...
also long gone is the excuse of mapping etc...when you can get the standard ecu remapped and run a turbo'd car happily with no problems....and the cost ain't bad either...only thing is not really ideal for daily driving if ya is doing around 120 miles a day ...(well for me anyway)

thats where N/A with VE is great....can have fun...and its not as bad as a daily runner...

though even now the temptation to turbo the VE is always there...boost is just soooo addictive...

I'm gonna miss my mine...

ill just add years ago i had the pleasure of a passenger ride in a well sorted rover 220 gsi turbo. yes they are unreliable. yes they are tin cans. yes this did have circa 300bhp. i shit you not, it was absolutely immense. handled well off boost, not on... in the dry span 1st 2nd 3rd and well into 4th, then gripped and i filled and my shreddies... point being, not very user friendly, but put a massive grin on your face. also being a rover, for the few days it worked it was awesome, before you had to fix it again.

Both have pros and cons. I love the instant and smooth power delivery of a well set-up N/A. F/I seems a bit too rampant and hooligan for my liking.

Its not about straight line speed though is it? If the driver or the chassis can`t control all the power its pointless.....unless you want to brag about a dyno printout.

ill just add years ago i had the pleasure of a passenger ride in a well sorted rover 220 gsi turbo. yes they are unreliable. yes they are tin cans. yes this did have circa 300bhp. i shit you not, it was absolutely immense. handled well off boost, not on... in the dry span 1st 2nd 3rd and well into 4th, then gripped and i filled and my shreddies... point being, not very user friendly, but put a massive grin on your face. also being a rover, for the few days it worked it was awesome, before you had to fix it again.

My first turbod care i went in was my mates Rover 220 Turbo Coup 270bhp and was fast it was ace!

I like N/A as im skint if i had money then its turbo all the way for me! Or a 200+ VVL like the love god from Middlesbrough

craig ill let you have a drive of my turbo if you come to the southmeet, along with pel ;) or when you come to pick up your biys and my crane,

wezza sunshine im confident of beating you on the 1/4 mile, we will have to see tho ay :D
im due a new clutch on my next payday 11th of aug so wont be doing anything crzy till then,

sim your turbo setup has come along very nicely, with a good amount of power and with good results, and at a good price,
i reckon for a good combination of power torque handling speed acceleration a low boost setup is the way to go

craig ill let you have a drive of my turbo if you come to the southmeet, along with pel ;) or when you come to pick up your biys and my crane,

:woohoo:
WANK.gif

sim your turbo setup has come along very nicely, with a good amount of power and with good results, and at a good price,
i reckon for a good combination of power torque handling speed acceleration a low boost setup is the way to go

I'll get a vid next week on my way back from Whitby. See what people think of its general driveability.

just one thing here, i kinda have the best of both worlds here as i have a electronic boost controller on my dash,
so i can drop the boost for tight twisty slower corners and raise it for the straighter lines and motorway overtaking :lol:
all at a press of a single button,
this is what i plan to do at shakeys ;)
run it on 4-6psi off the line then just before i i shift into 3rd, bang 320bhp mwoahahaha :lol:
oh and launch controll when it get remapped(map checked) hehe

whats up with your current clutch stu? If your simply replacing and its in good condition fancy selling? :lol:

wezza sunshine im confident of beating you on the 1/4 mile, we will have to see tho ay :D

i love confidence my love, but always remember that my car has already beaten a slightly stripped 300+hp mera turbo :D (dont be making excuses either kristian :lol: )

i love confidence my love, but always remember that my car has already beaten a slightly stripped 300+hp mera turbo :D (dont be making excuses either kristian :lol: )

all about the driver mate, all about the driver, although i havent raced for at least a year now, after a bit of practice ill nail you darling :D:D
3rd gear ill be gone

sam - yeah i will be getting anew clutch soon, i has about 1mm of wearleft brofre the rivets, its done me over 30k so still loads left but its rated at 179lbft :lol::lol: i have at least 260, so er ill be getting new one in aug :D but as i mentioned i wont be hammering it, coz if it goes then ill be fookd :D

Stu if you don't beat Wezz now after everything you've said, you'll be the laughing stock of the AOC haha

lol, as good as yes :lol:. But it would be an educational and interesting result. I think for a fair test Stu's need to stripped liked wezz's.

lol, as good as yes :lol:. But it would be an educational and interesting result. I think for a fair test Stu's need to stripped liked wezz's.

With 100lb/ft and 100hp more, I think Stu should be full interior. If Wezz had a 12.5:1 CP pistoned, N1'd, 86.5mm bore VVL build which would be 210whp....then that would be ok for Stu to be as stripped as Wezz's.

A comparison would be if Sim stripped his fully out, and kept to 10psi. Simple turbo setup with simple VVL build.

Back
Top Bottom