Nude pics

• N/A - For those who know how

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • turbo because N/A sucks

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Meh, is it shiny?

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
I'm sure it is immense, but the cost difference is a lot.

Just suprised me that's all.

What you have to think guys is the SR20 was designed to be turbocharged...that's why even the NA engine has all the castings for the turbo fixtures.

As for a track day, that would be f**kin' awesome!

Yeh, that is cheap for a full day this side of the border. Brands or Oulton in mid Summer are over £200.

You can find some cheap ones around the place, but 'open pit lanes' are always dearer.

neither wins out right... put you your 300lbft turbo or you 200whp N/A in a car with jelly for suspention and chinese plastic tyres and id run rings round you in my old blue micra on the road..

power doesnt make a fast car its only part of the equation.. weight, traction and handeling are where its at..

classic example when time attack first started they had 600+BHP 4wd evos with every trick bit they could throw at them and they were still 10 secs behind the FWD touring cars.. with there FWD chassis and na engies..

A well setup turbo car then might be a very strong competitor for N/A perhaps then. With FWD turbo having less weight and drivetrain drag than a 4WD setup it could be close, or at least interesting :D.

if i was building an almera from the ground up id start with chassis stifness and the suspention.. id defo look into fitting P10 rear suspenton on it or even the GTiR's modified so you had idependant rear wishbones.. then look at modding the front to a double wisbone ..

the arches on the car can easy fit 17's with good sized slicks on.. why 17's because you can get the roll centre down without bottoming the car out.. bigger brakes and there not much heavyer..

but im not made of cash,...

No indeed :). Throw lots of cash at anything and with the right expertise it would be quite a track car. I mean look at the B14 Dog II and B15 Dog III cars. Custom all over. But if both an N/A and Turbo both didnt have this treatment if would be fair playing. I just mean setup without customisation :).

*please note smileys creating tone of post*

£149 is a good price for cadwell and an open pit lane.....its only of the best tracks in the UK.

Well the N/A would be making power smoothly all the way up in theory..
And the turbo would only have its 200bhp when it reaches full boost..

The only way I can see the turbo winning is if its still High compression so it hasn't lost anything down low..
I just can't forget how shit Scott B's was off boost.. I was just flying past with my Puny 161bhp..
Joe

Ah yeah it slipped my mind about low comp so yeah would be poor until turbo's spooled. An answer would be to get a turbo that spools up as quickley as possible. Something that a low boost, lower power turbo would be able to tackle well. A 22mm turbine wheel would still give good power (certainly 200bhp) with a fast spool up time. But then would it top out before 8k?!

As Wezz said it's all about the area under the curve. Same with when to change gear etc, ie getting the most power out for most of the time.

ScottB is mentioned a lot, but I think using only one example is not a great argument for N/A. Stu's was (will be) revvy as hell and boost seemed to come on not far past where my boost comes on. Impressive bit of machinery he had built there. All in the hybrid turbo and lightened engine components I'd guess.

I can definitely see the drawbacks of the turbo's low power before boost though. Your race with Scott does show that in it's extreem :).

I dont know what you're gonna power with a 22mm turbine wheel Ed! A moped or lawnmower maybe.

This agument has failed logic. N/A's should be FWD, so they have a chance of traction decent traction with there low power. RWD should be turbo'd as they have the traction!

Back
Top Bottom