Pimp Member

Is be gutted if it didn't have a LSD. They come from factory with them.

only just read that lol i meant a limited one not an open one..

anyway so after fitting that nice big fat exhaust and de-cat there was a couple of issues popped up one was that coolent was disapearing somewhere and that on gear change after some WOT and full bost there was the occasional puff of blue smoke which is never good..

i found the sorce of the coolent leak a past has had a braided water pipe fitted but its leaking from the banjo untill its warm.. so that needs replacing which is a turbo off job anyway so the turbo is going to midland turbo to be re-sealed and im oprdering some new lines and fittings for it.

I was also lucky, the bottom oil return pipe has perished i undid the return pipe from the turbo and the rubber split in two the second i moved it. I carnt imagine the damage if that would have gone whilst driving and dumped all my oil on the road!

couple of nice turbo pics anyway as abit of a trophy.. 2 hours for my first turbo removal and proper job working on the 200 i was pleased especially after reading the apexi type 2 manifold is supossed to be a pain to get off..

there is a hairline crack in the wastegate outlet but looking at others on here its nothing

15062011118.jpg

15062011119.jpg

15062011120.jpg

im also going to paint the intercooler pipes whilst there off satin black..

So the Turbo came back from midland turbo fully refurbished and looking like new! it had a new exhaust wheel and shaft fitted aswell as new bearings and seals.. i also orderd some lines from apex and some new coils off ebay so some pictures..

21062011122.jpg

21062011123.jpg

21062011124.jpg

21062011125.jpg

24062011128.jpg

Lines fitted

24062011129.jpg

24062011130.jpg

turbo and manifold back on the car

24062011132.jpg

24062011131.jpg

All the lines fitted up nicely they were abit stiff to start but now there in place there perfect.. cleaned up all the bolts before they went back on..

just got to fit the inlet pipes, the new coils and PVC valve and jobs finished but thats for tomorrow :)

was £306 in total that was picking up and delivery the tubo back to me, replacing the exhaust wheel and shaft, new seals new bearings.. Machining the surfaces flat.. replacing a stud that was missing. re-balancing and they seem to have painted the actuator and the turbo aswell.. it also came with a new oil outlet gasket and exhaust to turbo gasket :)

cracking price i think! oh and it has a 12 months warrenty!

was £306 in total that was picking up and delivery the tubo back to me, replacing the exhaust wheel and shaft, new seals new bearings.. Machining the surfaces flat.. replacing a stud that was missing. re-balancing and they seem to have painted the actuator and the turbo aswell.. it also came with a new oil outlet gasket and exhaust to turbo gasket :)

cracking price i think! oh and it has a 12 months warrenty!

cool that is good stuff, better service then I got from Turbo Technics I'd have to say, which also cost me more iirc..

yes i was very impressed and would definatly recomend them.. everyone on SXOC says that recons arn't worth it but a T28 with no play is like £250 you have no idea how long its going to last or its history id rather spend the extra £50 and know its mint and like new!

oh yeah totally agree with ya, if you are going to the whole hassle of replaceing a tubro, why not just do it properly once, same here I get some 2nd hand N1 tubbies and even though sold in very good condition, wasn't going to risk it, so just had them refurbed before sticking them in..

yup especially with what some people sell as VGC! they seem very up there own arse on the SXOC if your not following the set stages or thinking outside the box they dont want to know..

Agree on the whole but I found some awesome folk locally through the SXOC. Most of the posters appear to be dicks though.

Turbo looks good and should give good peace of mind now :)

cheers dave.

There are probly some great people on there but the ones that do the most posting really arnt of high quality especially compaired to the aoc love club..

they won't show till everything is back together and your ready to go, just to piss you off always seems to happen that way for me

and as if by magic!

so all put back together engine fires up sweet, check for leaks carnt see any after a couple of second of running, drop her back down and roll her onto the drive and let her idle till shes warmed up... check for leaks and iv got a nice river of coolant! so i start checking the banjos and the hoses but all i can see is weeping from one of the rubber covers on the hose.. so i undo all the intake pipework again to get to the water hose undo the bajo and then this happens!

25062011142.jpg

looks like the nice expencive hose hasnt been crimped correctly! FARRRRRRRRRK! and of course its the feed from the block to the back side of the turbo thats gone not the nice easy one to get to!

Back
Top Bottom